Support ending for Gen III

GrittyGoober

Support ending for Gen III

Post by GrittyGoober »

Hello,

I am still using my Gen III and love it. I see support is ending in June. Can you quantify what that means? Specifically, will I continue to be able to use Isaac moving forward as it is upgraded, or should I stop upgrading the software?

I am considering an upgrade to Newton, but my Gen III has been going strong for years. It is hard to justify replacing the unit when it is working flawlessly.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Support ending for Gen III

Post by Velocomp »

After June 2012 we won't be doing out-of-warranty repairs for Gen III/II/I (we stopped manufacturing Gen III in June 2012, so there are very few units remaining in-warranty). Also, we won't be providing technical support, and there will be no further firmware updates. Finally, we won't make any promises about having replacement parts for these original iBike models.

At this time Isaac is compatible with all iBike models. We have no near-term intention of changing this, but there are no guarantees.
John Hamann
GrittyGoober

Post by GrittyGoober »

Thanks John. What is you described is reasonable. The main thing is to continue to be able to use the unit as is, and Isaac is a big part of that.

If you can archive off the manuals, and the version of Isaac that will support Gen III (if at some point it no longer will) so we users of the obsolete Gen III can continue forward as we need to change computers or otherwise re-install the software, it will be greatly appreciated.

I will be upgrading to the Newton at some point, but it may not be this year.

GG
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

GrittyGoober wrote:
If you can archive off the manuals, and the version of Isaac that will support Gen III (if at some point it no longer will) so we users of the obsolete Gen III can continue forward as we need to change computers or otherwise re-install the software, it will be greatly appreciated.

I will be upgrading to the Newton at some point, but it may not be this year.

GG
Gen III manuals are already archived, in a separate section of the forum. See here for an example:

http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1803
John Hamann