The ibike really makes a differences

klaus

The ibike really makes a differences

Post by klaus »

For the last week I have been riding out a few times.
The ibike is great for specific training, pacing, ...

Yesterday i headed out on my trike, I can't ride my race bike because of some saddle sore. I headed out just to have a great time and to enjoy the ride.
A few miles into the ride I get onto a street as 2 cyclists are racing past. I figured lets try to see if I can catch them on the trike just for the fun of it.

The first cyclist was left behind very fast but the other was trying really hard to get away he was low on the bike pushing hard and checking where I was.
I was on my trike pushing hard checking the ibike and making sure I was not in red. I was able to get really close despite the fact that I had probably a 100m handicap and was at a stand still to start with.
We did race each other for almost 4km I was able to get close to him on a small dip after that there was a very short climb. He got up to sprint and I put all I had left and did actually beat him on the way to the top.

After that we did ride for 2km and chatted he had really given everything he had and I did the same. The ibkie really did help me to pace my self and keep enough power for the sprint.
I have attached a picture of the section of the ride
Average power 332W Heart Rate 160, average speed 35km/h (22miles/hour). Ignore the 2800W spike this was on the down section where my crank was aligned with the cadence sensor and this is the result of the vibrations.
The other spike how ever is real. I was almost standing on the trike and hammering it as hard as I could

The rest of the ride was then as planned relaxed and enjoying the ride