isport to pro upgrade can of worms?

Bike4Him

isport to pro upgrade can of worms?

Post by Bike4Him »

The crr from the ibike changed from .0055 to .0085 in the process of the upgrade I guess. I did not change it myself.
Then
I did 11 coast downs after a calibration ride.
Did all the necessary procedures correctly.
Now I find the calibration ride has values very different from the coast downs and the crr is .0085 from the ibike and .0027 from the calibration rides when looking at crr adjusted.

Fric is 3.84 with crr adjusted and 8.685 when crr is from the setting in ibike.
If I change the value to .0055 in crr fixed screen the coast downs go from 8.685 to 6.17.

I changed the setting in the ibike back to .0055 and downloaded all rides but it seems nothing changed.

Do I have to do the process all over again?
racerfern

Re: isport to pro upgrade can of worms?

Post by racerfern »

Assuming you have the same physical unit and did a firmware upgrade then nothing should have changed. Whatever profile you were using should remain. So... if you were satisfied with the profile you had, you can manually alter the numbers to match your old profile.

IF you have a new unit then the profile still remains the same although the numbers will look different after a calibration ride due to the difference in wind scaling. However, your profile is still your profile.

There should be no need for coastdowns in the situation you're describing.
Fernando
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

The profile I had with the iSport used .0055 under the fric. screen.
I did a cal ride and coast downs after I upgraded because I wanted to get more accuracy.
The bottom clamp on my mount basically disintegrated so I had to re-mount the unit with the botom mount I got from you.
I wanted to use the mount from you for trainer use, but with the other breaking I'll have to buy bottom mounts.
Anyway, when I tried to take a look at the cal ride and coast downs in the software I saw the crr was .0085.
I ride on very smooth asphalt and am not sure how to proceed with the numbers I now have.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The biggest factor of training with power is consistency, so if you had numbers you were satisfied with I would simply force those numbers back into the upgraded unit.

Post a ride file here and/or the calibration file and I'll try to make sense of it. You have my email address so you can also email me the data.
Fernando
Bike4Him

Post by Bike4Him »

I agree with not fighting the numbers.
I wasn't real confident with the numbers I was getting. Somewhat consistent but still odd at times.
I thought with the upgrade it would be a good opportunity to get it dialed and roll.

What is the best way to post or e-mail ride files?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Obviously ride files have a csv extension and will upload directly through whichever browser you're using.
I realize you don't have many ride files since you had an iSport but if you have one or two that will help.

Profiles have an extension of .ibp and probably the most important one is the calride/coastdown process that has an extension of .ibcd4m

Search your computer for these extensions and upload whatever you can. This of course assumes you downloaded and saved the calride/coastdown ride, if not then do so and save it.
Fernando