Set Ibike calibration with DFPM

benlane

Set Ibike calibration with DFPM

Post by benlane »

Is there a simple guide somewhere that explains how to calibrate the Ibike via a DFPM?
I have read the pairing notes and I *think* that if one undertakes a pairing and then does the calibration 4 mile ride, downloads this and then creates a profile for the ibike via the software that the profile within the ibike will be pretty close to the DFPM.
So, having done the above can one then ride without the DFPM and have the profile from the calibration (I assume this will be the best way to ensure that the ibike most closely matches 300W to 300W on the DFPM.

I am thinking of taking my quarq off for the winter.
Morocco Mole

Re: Set Ibike calibration with DFPM

Post by Morocco Mole »

page 8 of the attached document, section "CALIBRATION RIDE WITH YOUR IAERO AND DFPM TOGETHER"

Note: for this to work you need to have an iAero or upgrade your iPro

When you're done I would also go into "edit Profiles" and save the new DFPM Calibrated profile, you may need to extract it back from the iBike or it might appear in the list of profiles already. I would also spend a week riding with your DFPM and compare the difference between the two. You may still need to tweak CDA or CRR to get them spot on.
Attachments
iAero DFPM Instructions.pdf
(562.52 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
benlane

Post by benlane »

Thanks for the tips.
w01fy

Post by w01fy »

is this still relevant for the ibike Newton?

As I can't see anything about doing a longer 2 mile out then back (compared to the normal 1 mile out and back) ride with a DFPM?
w01fy

Post by w01fy »

Ah I found it, in the manual for cDa.

If anyone from Velocomp reads this thread, I would suggest that that snippet of info should be in the main manual, and probably in the quickstart manual (even if its only a deference saying if you use a DFPM go read the man manual page x).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Most people don't own DFPMs but if they do, the information is important. We have added a reference on page 6 of the main instructions; these instructions have been posted.
John Hamann