iAero calibration

jasonod

iAero calibration

Post by jasonod »

I have the iAero mounted to my stem. If I change the height of my stem, i.e. remove a few millimeters of spacers, do I have to re-calibrate everything? On the face of it, everything, including the tilt, should still be the same. I can't image a few mm is going to change the readings from the coast-downs or calibration ride, correct?

Thanks,

Jason
racerfern

Re: iAero calibration

Post by racerfern »

Technically, any change is going to change something else. It's part of "For every action...". Practically speaking, removing or adding a thin spacer will not require another cal ride. However if you're moving 1/2" (+/-12mm) then I would do another cal ride.

Tilt will be the same, however your wind scaling could change enough especially if you lean forward and are more over the unit than sitting up straight. Regardless, any change in position will change something else, the question is where do you draw the line? There's only one way to find out.
Fernando
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

I would agree with racefern, even if you did 3 new cal rides I bet there will be a slightly different value obtained for windscaling for each one anyway, so we are always working within a margin of error. I usually do the above, average the results and the enter the value manually into my profile.
jasonod

Post by jasonod »

Thanks guys.