Dash questions

dnhooger

Dash questions

Post by dnhooger »

I just got the iBike Dash with power and I'm loving it!
Just some questions to clear up few things
- in digital power meter screen mode the background was changing colour. Is that following our heart rate (as I suspect)
- in dial power display what is the little blue bar that goes around the outside?
Norm
racerfern

Re: Dash questions

Post by racerfern »

The colors change based on a percentage of your FTP. They should be the same color zones you see in the dial gauge.

The blue line is 30 second averaging.
Fernando
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

And FTP is,,,?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

FTP is determined by doing the 20 minute fitness test. This will calculate your FTP and assign the number to the iDash. From there all your workouts, zones, etc are based around that number.

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/search-re ... hold+Power

Click on a few of the links to learn more such as training zones, determining FTP, etc.
Fernando
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

Thanks. As you can see I'm new at this. I haven't done a fitness test yet I was waiting for a day When the mercury goes above zero (C). It's been a few degrees below freezing and very windy the last few days but sunny and dry. I hope to do the fitness test soon
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

No worries. Do it on a trainer if possible. The key is to get some test data in, start your training then adjust things later. So just go pedal wherever you can under whatever conditions you can.
Fernando