Can some of the stronger riders upload their power files?

Paul

Can some of the stronger riders upload their power files?

Post by Paul »

I want to see some power files of the pro's :lol: . It would be nice to see how much power they generate. Perhaps with a climb would be great!

Paul
raghead97

Re: Can some of the stronger riders upload their power files?

Post by raghead97 »

On the same note, what are some good online references to see how to gauge our watts? Also are power jumps of up to 1000= watts a usual thing for someone who averages around 200?
Stearns
It can be bling without being King
gavnunns

Post by gavnunns »

I'd consider myself an average cyclist, near the front in a triathlon bike proably middle of pack in a pure cycling event, but I can give you an idea.

What you want to compare is Watts per Kilogram and 1,5,10,20,60 min maximum sustainable power then calculate the watts per kilogram. There is a chart linked below that gives you some material to base it off, but the classification is very general and not 100% all the time

http://www.flammerouge.je/content/3_fac ... obench.htm

I don't have any files on this computer but @ 70kg my 1,5,10,20,60 are as folows - 740,437,370,347,310 - this translates to the folowing w/kg 10.57,6.24, 5.29,4.96,4.43. What do these number mean in realy life ? I ride easy at 120hr 210-230 watts, flat out 5 second max power is 1200, translated into speed on my TT rig this means sub 1 hour 40k with enough left over to run a fast 10k, 24+mph avg on a 1/2 Iron and close to 5 hours for 112. Most of these numbers where calcuated in the last month to gauge early off season training load I'm hoping they are a little on the low side as I did the tests 7 weeks out from a broken ankle and my fitness was not the best :P
michaeltop

Post by michaeltop »

Here is a link to some data from the Tour of California https://www.trainingpeaks.com/sites/pre ... ngdata.asp

just click on any day to see a ride graph
jasonod

Post by jasonod »

As a lowly Cat 4 rider, I certainly don't consider myself a strong rider. However, at the risk of some embarrassment, I've posted part of my ride data from the other day. I really put in a hard effort for the last 6 miles of my climb up one of the local canyons (blue highlight).

Cheers,

Jason
Old Stage-Lefthand to Jamestown.for iBike.JPG
Old Stage-Lefthand to Jamestown.for iBike.JPG (204.5 KiB) Viewed 8823 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

That's not so lowly. That's a great effort. You had a very strong headwind AND you're up in the clouds. I'm impressed.
Fernando
Paul

Post by Paul »

That is a very respectable effort! I dont think you are a lowly cat 4 rider!

Paul
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

Hey guys,

Just talked it over with Richard and he wants me to start posting in here. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Boyd Johnson and I am riding for the DLP Racing team that iBike is sponsoring for this year. We are all very excited to be riding the iBikes and as part of the sponsorship we will be posting a lot of our ride files on our team's website http://www.kaneracingteam.com for anybody (with the iBike software) to see. To go directly to the power page, you can visit http://www.kaneracingteam.com/power1. We will also be doing a few in depth analysis of a few ride and race files per month.

Also, if anybody has any questions I will do my best to answer. We are doing a lot of testing and reporting with the iBike company and together I think we are going to blow the lid off the power meter market.

Boyd Johnson
DLP Racing
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
michaeltop

Post by michaeltop »

Cool,

but a few request on the data. Can they be posted after hitting the auto analyze button, so that cda, and other numbers are filled in.

they download ok, but could be tidy if saved as csv file for download, not open in browser then saved.

Maybe some wko files would be nice. NP etc..
coachboyd

Post by coachboyd »

If you right click on the download button and click "save link as" you should be able to save it where you want and open it with the iBike software. Or you could always associate .csv files with the iBike software. As most computers stand, .csv files are associated with microsoft excel and your internet browser will try to open it within the browser window. I am working with our team director to put a tag "Right click, save as" by the download button.

I will tell the guys to always analyze the files before posting them so the attached profile is included. Am I right in thinking that when we analyze the file, the profile that was in the iBike during the ride will attach to the ride file and you guys will be able to analyze the rides with that profile? Also, I think we will all be posting our .ibp profiles on our athlete home pages.

You can open the .csv files in Cyclingpeaks WKO+, although intensity factor and TSS won't be displayed unless you make us athletes under the settings.
Boyd Johnson
http://www.boydcycling.com - high performance carbon wheels and accessories
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

coachboyd wrote:If you right click on the download button and click "save link as" you should be able to save it where you want and open it with the iBike software.
That will work.
coachboyd wrote:Or you could always associate .csv files with the iBike software.
That won't work.
coachboyd wrote:I will tell the guys to always analyze the files before posting them so the attached profile is included. Am I right in thinking that when we analyze the file, the profile that was in the iBike during the ride will attach to the ride file and you guys will be able to analyze the rides with that profile?
Yes, all the necessary info from your profile is encoded in the CSV file. The trick is just to make sure the profile is attached to the ride before you upload it to your team page.

Travis
Paul

Post by Paul »

coachboyd wrote:Hey guys,

Just talked it over with Richard and he wants me to start posting in here. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Boyd Johnson and I am riding for the DLP Racing team that iBike is sponsoring for this year. We are all very excited to be riding the iBikes and as part of the sponsorship we will be posting a lot of our ride files on our team's website http://www.kaneracingteam.com for anybody (with the iBike software) to see. To go directly to the power page, you can visit http://www.kaneracingteam.com/power1. We will also be doing a few in depth analysis of a few ride and race files per month.

Also, if anybody has any questions I will do my best to answer. We are doing a lot of testing and reporting with the iBike company and together I think we are going to blow the lid off the power meter market.

Boyd Johnson
DLP Racing
I am impressed with your HR readings! I assume you find them accurate. I went thru one of your training rides and noticed that your HR was 130ish on an effort of 270+watts on a climb with 5-6% gradient. I have a high HR and I tried bringing it down by doing a looong base build. Unfortunately I think I de-trained myself. I have brought up the tempo and included some interval work(10 min ITT effort) and feel much better in group rides. But on a climb of around 5- 6% my HR would be pegged at the very least 170 with an effort of 200 watts. I have also started sweetspot training(Frank Overton) on my tempo rides. Care to share your secrets? is it mileage? 10,000 kj weekly target?

Paul
Hyde

Post by Hyde »

I like this thread. Good to see the posting & the data looks nice & even. I'll try to post something in the next week. The longer rides really don't show much detail so I'll try to get out & do a shorter climb as posted above. Can you tell us where the ride took place?

Hyde
Hyde

Post by Hyde »

Here is Decker Canyon in Southern California.. I was pacing a slower rider through the first part of the climb until a friend of mine caught up. We pushed it pretty good from there. You can see where we stopped & waited for the other rider to catch up.
Attachments
DeckerCanyon
DeckerCanyon
Decker4-12.jpg (278.72 KiB) Viewed 8271 times