Interbike 2009

djconnel

Interbike 2009

Post by djconnel »

"We could tell you, but then we would need to kill you."

Well, not quite.

According to Velocity Nation:
iBike skipped the show floor for a private suite, where you had to sign a non disclosure agreement to see their newest innovation. It's due out in March 2010, and it has the potential to be a real game changer.

Okay. I wasn't at Interbike (shoulda gone, shoulda gone...) but I'll take a guess. Time for a hardware upgrade. The iBike has a design inspired by iPod. iPod is yesterday's paradigm; today's paradigm is the iPhone. So I'll guess they have something with a more updated display. Maybe even integrated with an iPhone itself? Who knows. I'm just guessing.

There's a new power meter on the horizon: the Metrigear Vector, which is installed in Speedplay pedals. It'll be interesting to see how it integrates with the iBike. It will provide more info than other meters currently on the market, including L-R pedal balance and likely force data related to the foot applying moments to the pedal other than those yielding propulsive power. It would take a configurable head unit to be able to display these new data. So perhaps the new iBike will be more configurable.

More guessing....
gregh3285

Re: Interbike 2009

Post by gregh3285 »

Yeah, I kept half an ear pointed toward Vegas last week expecting to hear something. Whatever it ends up being, I hope John offers a reasonable upgrade path for those of us who have Gen IIIs. March corresponds to the show in Taiwan. Maybe John will make the trip announce it there.
jazclrint

Re: Interbike 2009

Post by jazclrint »

Oh great, and I just bought an iSport! Now I find this out. [sigh]
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged