Getting Profile from IBike

5am

Getting Profile from IBike

Post by 5am »

The system on which I kept old ride files and my ibike software crashed. I've installed the ibike software on another system but now want to create a new profile for use in reviewing ride files. The only profile figures I have are the existing numbers I have now installed on the ibike itself. I see a function in the software to create a new profile using old ride files (which, natch I no longer have), but don't see anyway in the software to create new profile from existing numbers (CdA, Crr, rider weight, wheel circumf., etc.) imported from the ibike. There must be a way to do this but I'm just missing it. Any help appreciated.
racerfern

Re: Getting Profile from IBike

Post by racerfern »

Try PROFILES > EDIT PROFILES
Click the Advanced Profile Settings... button. A new window will appear where you can try to import from the iBike AND you can manually punch in whatever numbers you want.

Then export it as a profile with the wireless iDs. Finally send it to the iBike as your profile.

I think that should work.
Fernando
travispape
Site Admin

Post by travispape »

Personnaly, I signed up for the Mozy.com online backup service more than a year ago and it works great.

If you have _any_ saved rides, I can extract a profile for you. (The future release of iBike 2 will allow you do to it also) Did you email ride files or anything recently? Memory stick? Anything?

Otherwise, you can do like what Fernado was suggesting. When you open the edit profiles window, you can click the copy button to create a profile by hand. Click the advanced button to edit its values and suck in the wireless IDs from your iBike unit.

Travis
5am

Post by 5am »

Travis: Found the advanced box you refer to but attempts to import existing data failed. Not sure why. (I end up with asterisks **** in the 'import from ibike' window). I do know my aero and friction numbers but it's the other things like CdA, Crr, etc. that I can't see when I view abbreviated data in the change profiles function, for example.

The only old ride files I have are in my trainingpeaks software in the .wko format. But I don't think that the profile data I'm looking for is transferred over when a .csv file becomes a .wko file.

In any case, if you think of something else let me know. Otherwise, I will just have to wait for the weather to turn and do new coastdowns and a 4-mile ride to build a new profile. Lordy I don't much care for those coastdowns and I try to avoid them like the plague! But whatcha gonna do.

p.s. ALL my ibike ride files since day 1 were on second, now failed pc. (RAID 0 array failed..It's a mess. All files...gone.) Trainingpeaks software is on a second but still working system. Sigh.