Newton/powerpod Connect IQ update

EHB

Newton/powerpod Connect IQ update

Post by EHB »

Hi,

I think you said in the comments on a review of the power pod that you were thinking of transmitting some of the more unique iBike variables as private values using Connect IQ, for example CDA. You also said the hardware was sufficiently similar for powerpod and newton you might release it for both.

Is it going to happen?

I really like connecting it to a DFPM, but the lack of a backlight makes the Newton an annoying cycle computer once it gets dark. I have read elsewhere you are working on something new, but is this going to be enabled for either of these two devices? Maybe it already has, but I don’t have a connect IQ device yet (really old watch that needs upgrading soon). I have running big pods (runscribe V3) that will be able to.

Or atleast an open ANT API so people can write their own Connect IQ fields. I’ve been told that it is simple to program fields, even if it looks a bit ugly.

Ta!
GooseRider

Re: Newton/powerpod Connect IQ update

Post by GooseRider »

Any plans to introduce ConnectIQ field so one can see CdA in real time from Powerpod? Also thinking about getting a dual sided Powerbeat G2 Powermeter from Watteam. Would that work well with Powerpod?

Morten
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Stay tuned...
John Hamann
TriMark

Post by TriMark »

Velocomp wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:25 amStay tuned...
Any news on Connect IQ for the PowerPod?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will not be releasing a Connect IQ app for PowerPod.
John Hamann