Upgrade to FW 5.13 changed button action(s)

brookside

Upgrade to FW 5.13 changed button action(s)

Post by brookside »

I just did a firmware upgrade to FW 5.13 on an older Newton, one where you can select ride profiles directly on the device itself. At the end of each ride I was in the habit of holding the center button for a few seconds to do a trip reset before walking my bike in the driveway and into garage, or at other times for more substantive reasons. Did it today on first ride after FW upgrade and holding the center button now puts me into Fit Train, as does holding the right arrow, as always. Is this just my unit, or did the upgrade do away with trip reset or put access to it in some other button combination. It was a useful function. Any other function changes I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Upgrade to FW 5.13 changed button action(s)

Post by Velocomp »

There are two main screens that can be accessed by clicking the center button:

1) Power screen (speed/power/cadence)

2) Bike computer screen (speed/distance/time)

In recent versions of the FW we changed things so that, when in the power screen, press-holding the center button takes you immediately to the fitness training menu. This is a useful short cut but, as you've seen, press-hold does not do a trip reset as before.

To do a trip reset, click the center button so that the bike computer screen (includes elapsed time) is shown in the bottom window. Then, press-hold the center button to do a Trip Reset.
John Hamann