Fit Train Questions

brookside

Fit Train Questions

Post by brookside »

Started experimenting with this mode for ad hoc interval sessions. Couple things:
- if I enter the FT while the bike is moving it automatically goes to the FT mode (TT or user) that it was in last and I don't have the option of selecting a different mode, unless I stop the bike and let the speed readout go to 0. Then I can enter FT and make a mode selection. Is this normal behavior?

- While it's nice sometimes to have the alternating time/HR in the bottom window, sometimes it's not. Today I decided on the fly to do some 10 second sprints. While the 5 second "time" and 3 second "HR" cycle seem reasonable in some cases, in a 10 second all out sprint when I glance down and see HR not time when I think the 10 seconds are about up its a problem. Is there any way to customize that bottom screen to show time only?

- I know an alternative to this is using "laps", but the problem there is that at the end of a rest lap after hitting the left button for a new lap I get a recap screen for about 5 seconds, so I'm totally blind as to what my power is at the start of the new lap/interval. Is there some way I can shorten or eliminate the recap display in lap mode?

One more request: I have an older model Newton where hitting the center button along with the right, left and bottom button causes a data reset, in theory. In practice it seems to be the center button and any other single button, or at most two. At the end of a hard interval it's really difficult to be so precise as to only touch the center button. Is there anyway a future firmware change could modify the data reset routine for the older Newtons to be like the newer ones, i.e., long hold of center button?

Thanks,
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Fit Train Questions

Post by Velocomp »

1) We think it's unsafe to mess with settings while in motion. That's why you can't change intervals while moving.

2) For short sprints, use the "TT" mode. You'll get instantaneous resetting of interval times.

3) The four-button reset is related to electronics. This can't be fixed with firmware, but we did change the board design a few years ago.
John Hamann
GiorgioFavaro

Post by GiorgioFavaro »

hi

you can see in tt mode also the cadence in the botton line ?
Now you can only see time and alternating hr.
Would be very useful in training SFR (up resistance force).
It would be a good idea to put this in the next firmware.
It would be great to see alternate time hr and cad.

Thanks in advance for your attention.

Giorgio Favaro
Italy
GiorgioFavaro

Post by GiorgioFavaro »

Cad = rpm
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

This is a good idea, for a future release of FW.
John Hamann
GiorgioFavaro

Post by GiorgioFavaro »

Tanks John

I hope that my suggestions will be useful to make your product more competitive to other power meter.

I have other requests, but do not know if I'm asking too much.

I would be grateful if when selecting a lap you can also see in botton line alternately Trip Time - lap Time.
(opzional menu in the Configure Screens by Isaac).
Very helpful for intermediate lap times for example, in a long climb.

Giorgio Favaro