Display Feature - Gear Ratio

JPCH

Display Feature - Gear Ratio

Post by JPCH »

Dear All,

I think a real time display of the gear ratio (as defined in ISAAC) would be a great feature.
There is a natural location for this field on the "Bike Computer Screen" (see attached file).
Would it be possible to add this to the next release?

Jean-Pierre
Attachments
Gear.jpg
Gear.jpg (48.32 KiB) Viewed 8219 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Display Feature - Gear Ratio

Post by Velocomp »

Alas, the fields in an LCD display are fixed and we can't put them where you suggest.

We have
John Hamann
JPCH

Post by JPCH »

In the "Power" mode on the right you have this 8_00 indication, showing an existing field in the LCD display.
Can't this field be used by the SW in the "Bike Computer" mode ?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

No. The available choices are 100, 200, 400, 800. Nothing in between
John Hamann
JPCH

Post by JPCH »

An other suggestion is to display the value in the top field: the "Hill-Wind" button would display a Hill-Wind-Gear sequence.
donnybike

Post by donnybike »

Right below power number in the middle of screen,
There is bar graph and small number.
Is that possible to make the small number to indicate training zone number which corresponds to current power?
So that we know in what training zone someone is currently riding.
It will be very helpul in doing intervals.
And the bar graph will increase from smalest to largest for each zone.
We may adop the most popular training zone system, zone1 through zone 7.

Regards,
JPCH

Post by JPCH »

I agree with you: having a display of the "power zone", in the Bike computer mode and in the Power mode, is the best usage of this field.
( I must admit I don't understand what the Newton displays today with this field in the Power mode: 8_00 = ? ...)

The gear ratio is a nice to have, hence having it in a secondary display would be fine (and great).
heith

Post by heith »

Gear ratio, why? If they could fit something on the screen and we only had one choice, why that? Not only is it easily viewed during post analysis(makes more sense there anyway), you can easily just glance at the rear cog. From a training standpoint, cadence is optimal and easily understood by the masses.

I would vote for something actually useful during a training session, like avg. interval wattage or real time lap NP.

Power zone as others posted would be fine and I could live with it as opposed to not having anything. Personally though, real time avg. lap or lap/interval NP would be even better. I would like to know exactly what I'm doing during my intervals
JPCH

Post by JPCH »

As the needs are different for different use cases, it would be good to have some programmability of the display.
For example the center button could be use to access one "user defined screen" in a sequence Bike / Power / User.
This user screen would display parameters selected in Izaac and transferred to the Newton as a display profile.
Many parameters can have an interest in training or race use cases ...