Features for Mountian Bikers?

jazclrint

Features for Mountian Bikers?

Post by jazclrint »

Hello, I haven't checked in on the board for a while. I have a Gen III iSport and love it, even if it was a real pain to get it setup. So, I am really excited about the Newton! Although, I use my iSport on my MTB and commuter bike (with really heavy tires which knock 50w off my power readings). I understand there is only so much you can do. But, when the iDash +power came out, I noticed there was a setting option or 2 for MTBing. I was wondering if there was anything new(ish) in the Newton that would make thing just that bit better/easier for us MTBers as far as accuracy and ease of setup? Maybe some per-programmed or recommended aero drag and rolling resistance numbers, or even special algorithms?

Just curious.

I am also very keen on the GPS feature, as I work in a bike shop and a GPS enabled Newton would be very competitively priced to a Garmin. But, as an Android user, if this "free" option requires an apple product, I'll be more than disappointed. Not that we sell a lot of high end stuff in our shop. Mostly $12 crank arms for big box bikes. ;)

Thank you,
Richard
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged