At long last, the iBike Newton!

cjonbike

Re: At long last, the iBike Newton!

Post by cjonbike »

And 1 more question!

In comparing the Newton and the Newton+ on the Web pages. The Newton says it has up to 160 hours of battery riding time, the Newton + says it has up to 250 hours! Does the Newton+ have a bigger battery, or is it more efficient?

I thank You for everything!

Chris
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

The website is wrong. Both units have the same 160 hour capacity.

We will fix the website.
John Hamann
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Hey John, quick question. It sounded like from a previous post that there would be a new universal handlebar mount for the Newton that is different from iBike Phone Booth mount. Is that right?

When can we see the new mount and when can we order it?

(I am taking you up on the GT key upgrade, so I am going to need to order a universal mount for it... want to get the best baby!)
cjonbike

Post by cjonbike »

If you go to the ibike website and go to shop. Look under ibike dash mounts you will find 2 options!
Here is the url for the mount and speed sensor! http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=107
Hope this helps!

Chris
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Right I saw that. But John said earlier:
There is a new stem mount (different from the steer tube mount) coming for the Newton. We will have images soon.
So, I was just looking for some clarity.

Thanks!
KenS

Post by KenS »

I think I get the mount options now:
There's the steer tube mount like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wM2OJvznUA
There's the universal mount like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEg1O4Q6A_E
Which can be ordered without sensors at http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=106
And there's a new stem mount coming

As far as I can tell these can all be used to mount the iBike Phone Booth and Dash, the Gen 3 Wireless Rechargeable mount, or the Newton
What's going is the old Gen I/II/III twist on circular mount with the 6 contacts
My confusion came because of the way the iBike mounts onto a mount which is mounted on a mount ;)

I've currently got the stem tube mounts and sensors on my bikes so I can easily transfer the wireless rechargeable mount and iBike Gen 3 between them.
So I'm expecting to replace the Gen 3 and wireless rechargeable mount with the Newton
-- Ken
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

Got it, so I would like to see what the new stem mount looks like.
mtbdcd

Handle bar mount question

Post by mtbdcd »

I watched the video that showed the handlebar mount. With that mount how would you mount a joule2.0 or garmin to be used as pout receiver?
With my current ibike i mount it on one side of the stem, the garmin on the other.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

I have been mounting my Garmin on the top tube - tie wraps are long enough that they can be run around almost any of the top tubes around. If you have the newer 1/4 twist type (like one that comes with the 800) then the o-rings can usually be stretched - if not, you can shop around for larger diameter o-rings or find a local machine shop.

Tom
ScottChapman

Post by ScottChapman »

At the risk of sounding impatient, what's the expected delivery date?
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

Galego wrote:
ldmitruk wrote:For those of us living outside of the U.S. will we get a couple extra days on the return shipping deadline of 10 days?
John, is it possible to have a little more days for us living outside the US?

Thanks,
John,
Thank you for your great job and very fair deal. My pointing finger is on the trigger and only one thing left in my mind for the Trade-In. "What if I can't prove my return shipping-in-time properly?"

Can you kindly advise us about the qualification conditions for the outside US residents who might not be able to use your return envelope?

I'm not asking more days. I'm ready to ship it within 48 hours. Now that you say it is OK even if the return package is lost in the way, my (and maybe our) point is the mean for prove the return-shipping date.

This is potentially a 200$ worth information for us and I'm happy to pull my trigger with it!!

From Tokyo,
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

One of the reasons we're including return shipping labels is so there won't be worries on your part. As long as the item is "in the mail" in the 10 day period, we will wait patiently for its return.

We will have tracking numbers for every label we ship so you don't have to worry about that, either.
John Hamann
hiroad

Post by hiroad »

John,

Wow... What a quick response! Thank you John, you made my day! I'll be back with my Trade-in order soon.
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Well, I went ahead and ordered it ... where is it? :?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We have tried to say, as clearly as possible, we are accepting pre-orders, for shipment in May.
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

It was a joke ... I just ordered it minutes before posting. Playing off the expectation of instant gratification and digital delivery these days ;) ;)

Sorry that it was misunderstood / not clear enough. Pure unadulterated sarcasm.

I should have said ... Well I just went ahead and ordered it ... where is it?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Oh, sorry...

Actually your order shipped yesterday, unfortunately to a wrong address in Siberia. Since we have very limited inventory, we will need to have the package returned to us before we can reship it to you. :D
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Actually your order shipped yesterday, unfortunately to a wrong address in Siberia. Since we have very limited inventory, we will need to have the package returned to us before we can reship it to you.
Two things as far as Siberia goes

1. The shipping - No problem ... there's this new company ... it's called FedEx ... they have this slogan

"When it absolutely, positively has to be there overnight"

I can wait the extra day :lol:

2. I sure hope you're right about the new battery lasting a lot longer in the cold - the old ones would probably only last a few minutes there - Doh ;)
jslopez93

Post by jslopez93 »

how much more stable/reliable is the handlebar mount (vs the steerer tube or the eventual stem mount)?
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I personally like the handlebar mount a lot. It is rock-solid, fits on a surprising number of bikes, and also works with the iBike Dash + Power. Train with your + Power, race with your Newton...
John Hamann
jslopez93

Post by jslopez93 »

This GPS option is the final piece that's going to push the purchase button for me. Please share details asap. :o
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We will publish details when we are ready to do so...
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Velocomp wrote:The website is wrong. Both units have the same 160 hour capacity.

We will fix the website.
1. Let me note that the website is still wrong.

2. I wished to check the GT key,http://www.ibikesports.com/detail.aspx?ID=34, but the link guides to a missing page
2/a Am I right that both Newton and Newton+ can get the signals of any ANT+ sensors including those from Garmin without adding the GT key?
2/b It is evident that Newton lacks the CdA functionality Newton+ has, but can Newton read and display DFPM data like from Powertap hubs provided they are ANT+?

3. It is a fair deal to ship to worldwide at a shipping cost of 40 bucks. I felt obliged to mention it.
Sarg

Post by Sarg »

I have an old wired mount and would like to know what else I need to have the new Newton work on my current setup. I am guessing that I will need some sort of wireless sensor that will transmit the data to the Newton. Is that correct? If so, could you tell which sensor package I need?

Thanks!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you need a wireless sensor.

If you order prior to May 1, select the "wireless speed/cadence" sensor as your premium, and you'll be all set.
John Hamann
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Dear John,

Could you please help me with answering these two questions of mine.

2/a Am I right that both Newton and Newton+ can get the signals of any ANT+ sensors including those from Garmin without adding the GT key?

2/b It is evident that Newton lacks the CdA functionality Newton+ has, but can Newton read and display DFPM data like from Powertap hubs provided they are ANT+?

Thanks

Zoltan
FelicianoVASA

Post by FelicianoVASA »

I am curious about the GPS feature.
How it can work with Newton? It is a important issue which can decide about GT firmware, trainer in case of a Newton, or newton Plus. So I need more info about that subjet. Please!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Zoltan wrote:Dear John,

Could you please help me with answering these two questions of mine.

Thanks

Zoltan
Yes, all Newton products have the ability to receive ANT+ speed, cadence, and HR sensor signals.

Any Newton product with the GT key installed will read DFPM data from any ANT+ power sensor.
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

FelicianoVASA wrote:I am curious about the GPS feature.
How it can work with Newton? It is a important issue which can decide about GT firmware, trainer in case of a Newton, or newton Plus. So I need more info about that subject. Please!
As much as we'd like to "spill the beans" about this feature, we just aren't yet ready to do so. I can say this much: the GPS feature will work with either Newton product.
John Hamann
jslopez93

Post by jslopez93 »

Ok time for maybe the most important question of all...

Can we get the Newton + with anything other than the lime green button?

Have to think about matching things up (kit, bike, ibike) properly after all.