Powerhouse and distance

RGA

Powerhouse and distance

Post by RGA »

Hi,

I'm trying out the Powerhouse on my iDash+Power and I have noticed some irregularities. The post ride data seems to be off. For a Ride Time of 1:00:00 and Total Distance of 15.31 miles, shouldn't my Average Speed be 15.31 mph? The App is saying 12.95 mph as the average speed. Uploading ride to Strava I get 13 miles with an average speed of 13 mph. So, which one is correct?

Some additional information, I did stop to change a flat (25 mins, I'm slow), but I paused and resumed the workout when I got going again.

Any Ideas?

Other than that, I find the app to be pretty good. As always, there is a wish list building, but I'll leave that for another time and another post.
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Powerhouse and distance

Post by Velocomp »

Wow, that's a new one! I ride both with the PH and my iAero and always get the same results.

Did you remove your iPhone from your case, or exit the app?
John Hamann
RGA

Post by RGA »

Hi, no I did not exit the app nor took out the phone from the case.

Actually it has done it for on my other ride as well. See attachments.

This is what I do and maybe you can replicate it.

Get the ISlim session on the start screen (do not push the PLAY button) and I ride out to where I'm going to do the program. Once there, push the PLAY and do the workout. Let it switch to FREE RIDE and I ride back home (about 3 miles each way). When I get home I push the DONE button the the FREE RIDE screen then YES to wanting to show the workout session.
Attachments
Ride on June 5th
Ride on June 5th
Jun 5.PNG (256.81 KiB) Viewed 10011 times
Ride on June 4th
Ride on June 4th
Jun 4.PNG (256.59 KiB) Viewed 10011 times
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

What may be happening is that your additional cycling to and from your workout point is co-mingling with your workout data, thus extending the apparent distance and lowering the averages.

We will have to check into this; if so, this is a bug we will need to correct.
John Hamann
RGA

Post by RGA »

That's what I suspect as well. I'll see if i can do a ride at the location and stop it when I'm done with the program and see what I get.
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza
RGA

Post by RGA »

Hi,

I did a workout starting from home and stopped it immediately after the session and the avg mph came out correctly. Then again, I did download the update that was in the App Store, I did the ride with App version 1.1(2). I will need to do another ride as described in my earlier post. But, this could indicate that the the free ride after the session contributes to the avg mph error.
Keep on Pedaling,

Ray Garza