Do i need to recalibrate when i buy new wheels?

Jonathan

Do i need to recalibrate when i buy new wheels?

Post by Jonathan »

Hi,

I currently use my iBike with 2 different bikes and from now also with 2 different wheel setups. Right now I have my road bike as profile #1 and tri bike as profile #2. I recently bought a pair of high profile wheels that i intend to use on both my bikes and therefore create road bike w. high profile wheels as profile #3 and the same with the tri bike as profile #4.

The question is then if i need to recalibrate anything in some way? I've setup profile 3 & 4 and choose "better accuracy". If i choose "best accuracy" i need to do an extra cal. ride, is this done for each specific profile?

Or is this possible at all? :)

/Jonathan
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Do i need to recalibrate when i buy new wheels?

Post by Velocomp »

You can copy over your calibrations into profile 3 and 4, but I would do a best accuracy cal ride for each new profile.
John Hamann
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Alright, that seems like a good idea. Because otherwise it wouldn't take my new wheels into consideration, right?

How is the proper way to do a best accuracy cal ride for each profile? Do i connect my iBike to my computer, activate the profile i want to do my calibration for and the start the procedure and head out to my bike?

/Jonathan
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You can use Isaac to set up a new profile and best accuracy cal ride, or you can access both items through the Setup screens.
John Hamann