Cal ride won't show start

Rick

Cal ride won't show start

Post by Rick »

I've successfully initiated and completed prior cal rides. Now, my Newton won't show Start but rather just keeps flashing Cal Ride no matter what I do -no reaction to pedaling or buttons but for abort cal when holding the middle button.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Cal ride won't show start

Post by Velocomp »

Reboot your Newton with a Hard Reset:

If your Newton becomes unresponsive (its display does not change, and/or button pushes do not do anything) then reboot your Newton with a “Hard Reset”.

The Hard-Reset process for your Newton depends on its date of manufacture:

1) Newtons manufactured 2012-Jan 2015: Simultaneously press-hold the left, bottom, right, and center buttons. The screen goes blank. Release the buttons and the Newton will reboot.

2) Newtons manufactured Feb 2015 or after: Press-hold the center button for 8 seconds. Do NOT release the center button until the screen goes blank. Release the center button after the screen goes blank.

If you’re not sure when your Newton was manufactured, try 1). If that doesn’t work then try 2). One or the other will reset your Newton!

NOTE: AFTER A HARD RESET ALL DATA IS PRESERVED EXCEPT DATE AND TIME, WHICH ARE RESET AUTOMATICALLY BY CONNECTING THE NEWTON TO ISAAC.
John Hamann