Newbie issues

ringhio

Newbie issues

Post by ringhio »

Hi! Just got the Newton+ and here are some questions/problems I noticed after my first ride:

-can t access fitness test by holding right arrow
-can t access tilt calibration by holding up arrow, just set up
-can t check wind speed by clicking down arrow twice (just shows hills slope gradient after one click and then upon the second click it returns to main screen)
-cant see enviro screen 2 and screen 3. after one click with right arrow it shows temp and time, but after that it takes me back to main screen
-When turning on the newton, screen shows on fast rec, but after uploading the ride if I click on the powerstroke button it redirects me to the ibike store

-I see a small arrow above or below the bullseye while riding, what is that?
-Also, while riding I see some columns bar on the main screen that go side to side, with 1,2,3,4.. numbers showing as well, what do they mean?

-When riding I noticed that sometimes the watt values were "stuck" on 200-260 watts, and they were changing by just a few watts even though I was changing pace constantly.
My garmin was also connected to ibike power, and showed "normal" watt numbers (directly proportional to my effort and very responsive)

Cadence was not measured during the ride (magnet was off by a little)

Newton info:

Firmware version= 4.14

Features unlocked:
Trainer Feature
GT Key
PowerStroke Recording
4x Memory Upgrade
Newton Tracker
ZUUUM Meter

Thanks! :D
Last edited by ringhio on Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Newbie issues

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like you have a Zuuum meter.

Please post your serial number and we can confirm the model you have.
John Hamann
ringhio

Post by ringhio »

serial number: 03-24-14-08-02-12-08-00-02-01-03-02-AB-7E-10-3E

Got the power meter from a friend, so had no clue it was a ZUUUM (or in zuuum clinic mode). I just assumed it was a Newton+ since that's what it says on the unit.

Now, read about ZUUUM and exited the ZUUUM clinic mode. Will ride again today. Will I be able to see Power Stroke analysis when I upload the ride on Isaac (since I see that the Power Stroke recording feature is unlocked)?

Isaac told me there is a new FW available, but I also read that by installing FW 5 it will disable the ZUUUM features. Is there any way to prevent this?

Thanks for your fast reply!
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, you have a Zuuum unit.

Zuuum is a company that purchased custom-firmware units from Velocomp. Zuuum provides technical support for their products; contact Dana Hoffer at dana@zuuumcc.com

Yes, you should be able to see PowerStroke information.

Yes, there is new firmware for your unit (4.16). Installing this FW will not affect your Zuuum functions.
John Hamann
ringhio

Post by ringhio »

Hi again, went for a ride and everything works perfect! Could also check my (ugly) pedal stroke on PS (eye opener!)
Updated with 4.16 and will contact ZUUUM people to ask info about FW 5 and ZUUUM compatibility.
Thanks a lot for your help