Newton Display Configuration

dgf

Newton Display Configuration

Post by dgf »

I just updated my Newton, anxious to be able to customize my display. Sorry if these questions have been answered elsewhere but a search did not yield any answers.

The main things useful to me for training purposes on a single display are Power, Heart Rate and Time - no particular order although I prefer power at the top. I see no option for HR in the menu (nor Cadence). What exactly is displayed if you select "Other Data" in the lowest data field? If I select "Other Data" it then excludes "Time" from the display. I am sure there is a technical reason but why are all display options not offered in all windows? Where are Heart Rate and Cadence options?

I have not used it with the update yet - will it still signal being paired to my DFPM with the bullseye so I know where the numbers are coming from?

Thanks!
Pete

Re: Newton Display Configuration

Post by Pete »

Basically your best best is to use the standard "Fit Train / User" mode where you get:
- Ave Power
- Current Power
- Time & HR alternating

PS "Other data" means HR/Cadence/Calories as per pre-V5
dgf

Re: Newton Display Configuration

Post by dgf »

Thanks, will try that. Guess I should have researched a little better what was available on the custom displays - I presumed I could put any of the gathered data in any of the available windows. I'm no computer surgeon but seems like that would not be too difficult and add some teeth to the customization aspect. ;)