Installing Aero Bars I need help

cjonbike

Installing Aero Bars I need help

Post by cjonbike »

I will apologize in advance as this has probably been covered, but I have never been able to use a search engine with any success! I did try!

I am putting on Aero bars! But will not be in them for the whole ride! And can not say how much of the ride will be in them or out of them!

You have 2 profiles one for in the bars, and one for out of the bars!

You can not stop, and change profiles each time you change position!

There is a 15% difference in the power numbers. If I use the aero profile, or the hoods profile.

My question is!

What is the best way to setup one profile to give me the best chance at some consistency? for the days when I am in and out of the bars!

I Thank you in advance for any help you can give me on this!

Chris
racerfern

Re: Installing Aero Bars I need help

Post by racerfern »

When on a typical ride on this bike do you generally ride in the aero position? I would assume yes, otherwise you wouldn't bolt the bars on to begin with. Put another way, what percentage of the time that matters (not climbing, not standing) are you using the bars vs. not using the bars?

With that assumption and reasoning, I would say use the aero profile since that will be the closest to your numbers when riding in a position that you can take advantage of the bars. IOW, when climbing a hill, aero bars and the aero profile won't have anything to do with the numbers being produced.
Fernando
cjonbike

Re: Installing Aero Bars I need help

Post by cjonbike »

Thank you very much Fernando for your help! This is how I will go!