Cal Wind Question

cjonbike

Cal Wind Question

Post by cjonbike »

If I do a Cal Wind on my Newton with the 5.0 firmware! Is this stored permanently on the Newton? Or is it lost if I do say a Hard Reset, or for any other reason?

I Thank you for your help and insight!

Chris
ronpei

Re: Cal Wind Question

Post by ronpei »

cjonbike wrote:If I do a Cal Wind on my Newton with the 5.0 firmware! Is this stored permanently on the Newton? Or is it lost if I do say a Hard Reset, or for any other reason?

I Thank you for your help and insight!

Chris
I believe a hard reset sends everything back to factory presets, meaning you need to do all calibrations again. but with the ver 5 firmware it seems that wind cal is unnecessary, this is just to tweak things to a higher level, similar to tilt cal which has been a thing of the past for a while now and only necessary for fine tuning calibrations.
jazclrint

Post by jazclrint »

It says this in the manual:

"HOW DO I HARD RESET THE NEWTON?
Your Newton contains a microprocessor. It is possible, though extremely unlikely, that your Newton might “freeze”. Symptoms of a freeze include: the buttons do not function properly, the screens are frozen, or you can’t download rides. A Hard Reset will fix this problem. To do a “hard reset” press-hold the left, bottom, right, and center buttons simultaneously. The screen will go blank. Release the buttons to restart.
NOTICE: AFTER YOU DO A HARD RESET USE ISAAC TO SET THE DATE AND TIME IN YOUR NEWTON. YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY PROFILE DATA; IT IS STORED PERMANENTLY IN THE NEWTON’S NON-VOLATILE MEMORY. ALSO, ALL OF YOUR STORED RIDE FILES WILL REMAIN INTACT."

I would also think that as long as you plugged it into Isaac after the Cal Wind Isaac would also have that information stored and could restore the data. But maybe Isaac doesn't work that way?
'98 ProFlex 5500c under construction
'13 Schwinn Fastback custom build
'05 Bianchi Axis custom build
'13 Reline Metro Sport custom build
'15 GT Sensor Carbon Pro custom build
'?? A bike who's existence shall not be acknowledged
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

jazclrint wrote:It says this in the manual:

"HOW DO I HARD RESET THE NEWTON?
Your Newton contains a microprocessor. It is possible, though extremely unlikely, that your Newton might “freeze”. Symptoms of a freeze include: the buttons do not function properly, the screens are frozen, or you can’t download rides. A Hard Reset will fix this problem. To do a “hard reset” press-hold the left, bottom, right, and center buttons simultaneously. The screen will go blank. Release the buttons to restart.
NOTICE: AFTER YOU DO A HARD RESET USE ISAAC TO SET THE DATE AND TIME IN YOUR NEWTON. YOU WILL NOT LOSE ANY PROFILE DATA; IT IS STORED PERMANENTLY IN THE NEWTON’S NON-VOLATILE MEMORY. ALSO, ALL OF YOUR STORED RIDE FILES WILL REMAIN INTACT."

I would also think that as long as you plugged it into Isaac after the Cal Wind Isaac would also have that information stored and could restore the data. But maybe Isaac doesn't work that way?
Sorry, I missed this topic.

Cal Wind is stored in non-volatile memory, so its calibration isn't lost when a hard reset is performed.
John Hamann