Positive Riding Tilt %

JulianBoulter

Positive Riding Tilt %

Post by JulianBoulter »

I read in the forum that Riding Tilt % should never be positive and yet I have just run 2 calibration rides + a check calibration on a new setup for my road bike, (which previously had a Riding Tilt % of -0.7) and I am getting 0.2, and 0.3. Could this be correct?

The only thing that has changed on the bike are premium tyres (Conti GPS 4000 pumped to 120 psi), and my carbon race saddle. Other than that the overall weight is lighter as it is now summer so less clothing.

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Positive Riding Tilt %

Post by Velocomp »

It's OK. The Newton Tilt Calibration algorithm works differently from Gen III and prior, so that Riding Tilt has more flexibility.
John Hamann
JulianBoulter

Re: Positive Riding Tilt %

Post by JulianBoulter »

ok thanks John

Its just that it leaves me with a very low friction figure of 0.872, but if you say its ok (and I understand this is calculated dynamically during the ride) I will accept the 0.3 from the check calibration ride.

Any thoughts on why its gone from negative to positive? the only thing I can think of is going from 110 psi to 120 psi, other than that my position on the bike hasn't really changed (hoods elbows bent) apart from a firmer and possibly higher saddle.

Cheers

Julian