Dial-In Wizard Versus Set-Up Device Wizard

JulianBoulter

Dial-In Wizard Versus Set-Up Device Wizard

Post by JulianBoulter »

Guys, there is something I still don't get here, maybe I am missing something, hopefully you can put me straight, here is the situation.

So from the 4 factory default profiles in the Newton I setup 2 of them by riding the calibration ride and then, when I download the calibration ride, using the dial-in wizard to tune them. I then send the profile to the Newton. When I edit profiles in Issac I see a new profile with 'Dial-In' prefixed to the name of the profile with the CRR and CDA figures as I set them in the wizard and the the Riding Tilt and Wind Scaling added, Riding Tilt in one of them being -0.7 and in the other being -0.4. So far so good.

So for the other 2 I decided to use the Set-Up Device Wizard prior to the calibration ride, but getting strange results, here is what I did:

1. I used the Set-Up Device Wizard to create a new profile prior to the calibration ride, then I send the profile to the Newton

2. When I edit profiles in Issac I see a new profile with 'Quick Start' prefixed to the name of the profile with the CRR and CDA figures as I set them in the wizard and the Riding Tilt set to 0.0 and Wind Scaling set to 1.150, TIlt Cal is also set to 'empty' so am assuming that these 3 are defaults and that the calibration ride will fill them in once its completed and downloaded. I also note that the manual says that if you use the Set-Up Device Wizard prior to a Cal ride that the Dial-In Wizard wont appear after the Cal ride is completed, so all looks fine to me so far.
ibike1.jpg
ibike1.jpg (98.98 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
3. So I complete the Cal ride, but then when I download the calibration ride, contrary to what the manual says, it does fire up the Dial-In Wizard!

4. So I re-enter all the information I originally setup in the Set-Up Device Wizard and send to the Newton

5. When I edit profiles in Issac I now see a completely new profile with 'Dial-In' prefixed to the name of the profile with the CDA figure as I set it in the wizard but the CRR is set to something completely different and furthermore the Riding Tilt is now set to 0.2 and as I understand this should never be a positive figure.

What I was expecting was the profile I created prior to the Cal ride using the Set-Up Device Wizard would be populated from the Cal ride but this is not the case.
ibike2.jpg
ibike2.jpg (99.11 KiB) Viewed 2623 times
6. So finally I try extracting from the Cal ride file and I get a totally new profile, the values are as I entered them with wind scaling inserted but Riding Tilt is still 0.0
ibike3.jpg
ibike3.jpg (99.1 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
7. I also note that my journey home ride following the Cal ride is not tagged with the Cal ride profile as I expected it would be following the initial setup with the Set-Up Device Wizard

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
JulianBoulter

Re: Dial-In Wizard Versus Set-Up Device Wizard

Post by JulianBoulter »

Guys in summary all I am asking is do people end up with 2 separate profiles in Issac if they run the Set-Up Device Wizard before the calibration ride as opposed to when the Dial-In Wizard fires up automatically after the calibration ride?

Am I the only one seeing this?

Thanks