New Newton never shows charge Screen

richwagmn

New Newton never shows charge Screen

Post by richwagmn »

So I unpacked my Newton today, went to charge it and it never shows the charging display when it's plugged in.

I tried both the cable supplied (connected to my computer) and the cable/charger I use to charge my phone. Puzzled.

Also, when I reset it, I see the screen 15 (top), data (middle), error (bottom).
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: New Newton never shows charge Screen

Post by Velocomp »

Please contact technicalsupport@velocomp.com. Something is unhappy with your Newton
John Hamann
richwagmn

Post by richwagmn »

I did get in contact with support who suggested I turn it off (it won't turn off at all, not even using the battery display -> center button method) and let it charge.

Then if that didn't work (it charged for a few hours and didn't work), send my BRAND NEW Newton back, wait for it to get repaired and then have you send it back to me.

I'm a bit unhappy with this solution. I can't recall buying a new item that didn't work and being asked to send it in for repair. In most cases an exchange is done.

Thanks,
Rich
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

You're right. Please email Tom and we'll ship a new unit to you right away. You'll still need to return your old one... :-)
John Hamann