Date wrong every ride

doctorb

Date wrong every ride

Post by doctorb »

Is there a reason why all my rides download with the same date (4th Nov 2013)??
Can't seem to change it
Done hard reset, done set date and time on line.
Whenever I download file it always says 4.11.2013 so is useless for uploading to strava etc..
Kevin
doctorb

Re: Date wrong every ride

Post by doctorb »

Anyone out there??
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

What date does the unit show when setting date and time?
Fernando
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Not that it is a fix but you can change the ride file time and date before you upload.

Tools / Repair / Fix Date & Time in Ride File

Every time you do a hard reset you will need to set the correct date and time (an easy thing to forget - I have done it a few times and it always used to happen with the previous unit when you replaced the batteries).

Robert
Madone51

Date wrong every ride

Post by Madone51 »

I have the same issue...After each ride, the unit reverts back to the Nov 2013 date & time. I have tried to resolve it by entering "Device", then "Set Up" finally "Set Up Time & Date". A pop up stating Date & Time Set requiring me to click OK. This obviously does not work.

I manually change the date to reflect todays ride using the method identified in the previous post.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue???

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Here is what is going on:

1) Every time you connect your Newton to Isaac, the date and time is automatically updated to the current date and time in your computer. Presumably that date and time is correct

2) When you ride on the road, the date and time will be correct, UNTIL

3) If you "fat finger" the button, you'll hard reset the Newton. You lose ride data and:

4) You lose the correct time and date. The firmware reverts to the date of the latest firmware update--in this case, FW 4.13, which was published in November 2013.

The way to "fix" this issue is: be careful when you're on the road and you are pushing the Newton buttons. It isn't easy to hard reset the Newton: the left, down, right and center buttons need to be press simultaneously. That said, it isn't impossible.

Make sure you press only the button that you want, don't fat finger, and all should be well.
John Hamann