Power readout and dropping an ANT+ sensor (on purpose)

jkase001

Power readout and dropping an ANT+ sensor (on purpose)

Post by jkase001 »

I have two related questions.

1. If you pair a power meter to the Newton, what does the Newton display during the ride as the power? Is it the Newton power values or the paired DFPM? I want to see the Newton values only but would still like to have the Newton record the DFPM values for later analysis if possible.

2. If #1 is not possible, how do I drop the ANT+ signal from the DFPM? I would still want my Garmin to record the DFPM signal.

Thanks for any help you can provide. This may be in another forum topic or in the manual but I did not see it.

Jason
racerfern

Re: Power readout and dropping an ANT+ sensor (on purpose)

Post by racerfern »

The Newton shows the DFPM values while riding. To eliminate this you can go to the profile in Isaac and remove the value for Power In (DFPM). Then send the profile back to Isaac with no other changes. It should find your HR/SPD/CAD and nothing else.

Then have the Garmin scan for sensors without Isaac on and it should find your DFPM.
Fernando
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

When the Newton is paired to a DFPM, the power readings from the DFPM are shown on the Newton screen, and both Newton and DFPM readings are recorded in the ride file.

At present, it's not possible to select which power readings are displayed on the Newton. So, if you want to see Newton power readings on your Newton screen, the only way to do so is to perform a Scan with your DFPM turned off.

If your Newton isn't programmed to see the DFPM readings, then it can't record them in the ride file. However, if you're using a Garmin, you can merge the Garmin data with the Newton data in Isaac.
John Hamann
jkase001

Post by jkase001 »

Thank you for the quick response. I tried as you suggested (I think) but it would not allow me to edit the profile.

I went to:
Edit/Edit Profiles/Wireless IDs

I tried to unselect the Power IN ID button (green) and/or to eleminate the values in the ID and Type fields but it just repopulates with the same values when I tab away from the field. Any thoughts?

I should say I could set the ID field to '0' or another value, just not a null field.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Hmm, then try the way John from Velocomp suggested. With the DFPM off do a scan for sensors by holding down the up and down arrows at the same time. Have your other sensors active and Newton will store the new profile. Don't forget to "Get" the profile from Newton when connected so you can save it.
Fernando