Strange calibration?

jkase001

Strange calibration?

Post by jkase001 »

I just got my Newton, updated to the most recent Isaac and OS before use. I went out to do the cal ride. It started fine and I rode as prescribed for five minutes, stopped, turned around to head back and the unit flashed that it was calibrated almost as soon as I turned around. I thought it would be another five minutes as I did the 'back' leg of the ride. Is that normal? I did a couple of rides and the numbers seem reasonable based on my previous DFPM tesing and consistent. Should I do another cal ride to be sure? I have attached the cal file. Thanks for any help. Jason
Attachments
iBike_06_01_2013_0640_1_Miles_CalRide.ibr
Calibration ride
(24.8 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Strange calibration?

Post by Velocomp »

To be on the safe side, go into Setup and click the up arrow until you see Cal Ride. Then, do another Cal Ride.
John Hamann
andrep

Post by andrep »

I had exact the same problem one day. I wanted to create a new profile for my race setup and therefore I did a new cal ride. After 5 minutes it immediatly switched to the standard screen and thats it. When I was home again I read the manual again and realised that an error occured there outside. I repeated the cal ride - now everything is fine. But maybe there is a little bug to fix if two people had the same little problem ...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Indeed, there IS a small bug; we will fix it in the next release.

In the mean time, just go into Setup and do a Cal Ride. You'll get the full version, and this problem won't occur.
John Hamann