Not a happy camper...

babyboomer

Not a happy camper...

Post by babyboomer »

Several weeks ago I submitted a post in which I reported that I couldn't get my Newton off of the trainer mode screen. You know, the screen that displays "trnr on" or "trnr off"? Well, it's still happening! I rode my rollers all week with the trainer mode on. This morning, because I would be returning to the road, I used the setup menu on the Newton to turn trainer mode off. When I noticed that the Newton was stuck on the trainer mode screen (i.e., trnr off), I decided to try resetting the mode using Isaac. The result was the same. Nothing I do will take it back to the main screen. The Newton will switch displays to acknowledge detection of the sensors, but then it goes right back to the trainer mode display.

So, today I decided to leave the Newton on, despite the fact I couldn't see the main screen. Surprisingly enough it was actually sending power data to the head unit (a Garmin Edge 705). I finished the entire ride with "trnr off" displayed on the screen.

The other problem is that something keeps resetting the date on my device to October of last year. Usually it's the 11th of October. I had to reset the date and time again before this morning's ride. If I'm not mistaken, that date coincides with one of the releases of OS/2. Anyway, I'm not sure what's doing it. Can that happen when I apply a calibration ride or update a profile?

This is very disappointing. I've got a big ride coming up next weekend and it looks like my Newton will be in the shop.
racerfern

Re: Not a happy camper...

Post by racerfern »

Hmm, have you tried a hard reset (left, middle, right and down) all at the same time? The only thing you will lose is the time and date.
Fernando