Annoying Newton defaults to English measures

klaus

Annoying Newton defaults to English measures

Post by klaus »

It is probably not an issue for you American rides but for us Europeans this is rather annoying.

Yesterday I did take the newton of my wife changed to profile 4 (uploaded my profile) and I though I was read to go. Well no when I did look at the setup all measures are in lbs, ft. Back to the PC to fix it to metric.

I had the same issue on my ibike last week when I did setup my trike. suddenly everything was in ft, lbs. And I was actually riding when I did notice the difference. There seems to be no easy way to change that on the newton.

Would be nice if you could add in the future an option where we can specify : Metirc 24hour time, ...

Greetings from Switzerland
TriBike

Re: Annoying Newton defaults to English measures

Post by TriBike »

Klaus,
From the setup screens in the Newton( {UP} arrow for 2 seconds)...Select "Yes Fast Start", hit the {UP} arrow once, you will see units... select your option there, and then hold the (up) arrow for 2seconds to exit setup.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Hey Klaus, it may be that the setting is overwritten when you upload a profile. So have your profile open in Edit Profiles and click on Advanced Tab then click on Get from iBike just above the word Tilt Cal. That will bring in all the settings such as EST FRIC yes or no, etc. It might just bring in the metric setting. Then click accept and all those settings become part of the profile. Now take and send that profile back to the Newton and your profile with all your settings will transfer.

I've been able to confirm that this works with some other settings so hopefully it works with the Imperial/Metric setting. Separately from that you can set your clock time to 12h/24h when setting date and time.
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Hi all,

I upgraded to 5.09 from 4.16 and got imperial measures. I tried to revert to metric with the help of Isaac (edit/edit profiles/send to device), but it has no effect on units.

Since fast start is not available in 5.09, I have no clue how to get back the metric units on my Newton.

Anybody knowing the solutions?
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

Solved with some trials. I used Newton setup which did overwrite imperial to metric. And I used send profile again to make it sure that the original parameters will be used by Newton.
kenedy

Post by kenedy »

I am supporting TriBike's idea.follow him.
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

kenedy wrote:I am supporting TriBike's idea.follow him.
Who is TriBike? What is his idea?
John Hamann