IF not displaying properly while riding

rstrom

IF not displaying properly while riding

Post by rstrom »

I know that there has been some discussion about IF and it's display while riding in some previous posts but I would like to pass along a recent observation.

A few days ago (Thursday) I was riding and watching the TSS and IF readings on the iBike because I was pretty sure that I was seeing some anomalous readings on previous rides.

As per the previous post I have checked and double checked that the FTP is programmed into the iBike. It is indeed set.

So here's what I saw. At a point during the ride I saw my NP reading @ 209w while the IF read 0_399.

At the end of the ride I saw the NP @ 198 while the IF was 0_989.

The IF at the end of the ride seems to be correct, but the IF earlier in the ride see way, way out of whack.

I will continue to pay attention - but it can be a bit hard to remember IF readings for hours during a ride while subjecting yourself to lots of self-induced (or not) pain and suffering :o

Any thoughts or reasons?

Thanks,

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: IF not displaying properly while riding

Post by Velocomp »

This is a bug that we will fix in the next release.
John Hamann
rstrom

Re: IF not displaying properly while riding

Post by rstrom »

Excellent!!

Very good to know since I saw it again today, very low IF while NP was 209w after about 2 hours of riding (I think it was at about _0039). Then looked at it again later and after some more riding with NP still at over 200w and IF was actually _0000.

Then after some more riding all of a sudden the IF was 0_995 (or something close to that). ANd at the end of the ride it seems to be fine.

Thanks,

Robert