Calibration ride does not "CALIBRATE"

aytchkay

Calibration ride does not "CALIBRATE"

Post by aytchkay »

I completed 2 calibration rides of 2 miles and 4 miles. When I go into the SETUP menu to download them, it opens to the proper screen but the entire data on the right side is grayed out and not accessible. In addition it shows values of NaN for all the metrics...

So why can't I create new profiles with these cal rides? Are they BAD? The 2 mile ride was on a relatively flat road. The 4 mile ride was a very hilly road...not much choice where I am in upstate NY.
Any suggestions?
racerfern

Re: Calibration ride does not "CALIBRATE"

Post by racerfern »

Please upload the files and we'll have a look.
Fernando
aytchkay

Post by aytchkay »

Fernando, here are the 2 files...the 4 mile ride was saved as a normal ride...as I had opened it to look at it and saved it after...I didn't realize it would be saved that way...I hope it's still useable as a calride..

thanks,
howard
Attachments
120630_cal_data.ibcd4m
(117.26 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
120626_4.02Mi_cal_data.ibr
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
aytchkay

Post by aytchkay »

Fernando,
I guess I don't know how to attach a file...I'll try again.
120626_4.02Mi_cal_data.ibr
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 376 times
120630_cal_data.ibcd4m
(117.26 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

1) When you download your ride using the "Download Coast Downs and Calibration Ride" method you either must have done some coast downs or you need info from another power meter to work with.

2) If you download the ride and click "Check Calibration" then coast downs are not needed. This is the preferred method.

3) I think this is the root of the problem... I opened your ride file and extracted the profile. It has references to 2011 in the notes section so it appears you took a profile for your Gen 3 and sent it to the Newton. Although I'm not sure if that can be a problem, that's the only thing I see that could prevent this ride from being checked for calibration.

4) I'm attaching a current Newton profile adjusted for the weight numbers you had but as a Newton Profile. Load that into the Newton, re-scan for wireless sensors, set your tilt and wind offset and do a calride I think you'll be OK after that.

5) I also see you have your FTP at 80w. I have no idea what your potential is so I'm going to set it at 200. After you get your profile dialed in you need to do a fitness test.

6) Double check the weight settings you have. One on screen of the profile you show 168lb total weight and on the Advanced screen you show 182. Things like this can spin you in circles. I went with the Basic screen info of 148lb plus bike of 20lb.

Got it?
Attachments
for_aytchkay.ibp
(360 Bytes) Downloaded 290 times
Fernando
aytchkay

Post by aytchkay »

Great, thanks.. You did the right corrections.... Except I WISH my FTP was 200...It's about 156...I'm working at it - or I WAS!

I am now riding in the Catskills of NY and the hills are great. Unfortunately, I did a header on the 4th and broke my Pelvis. Now recovering from the surgery! Will my Newton have to be periodically recharged from non use for 3-4 months???

howard
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You'll find out :-)
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

racerfern wrote:1) When you download your ride using the "Download Coast Downs and Calibration Ride" method you either must have done some coast downs or you need info from another power meter to work with.

2) If you download the ride and click "Check Calibration" then coast downs are not needed. This is the preferred method.
1. So even if Estimated Crr is set to YES, "Download Coast Downs and Calibration Ride" requires the coast downs, does not it? If only a cal ride was done without coast downs then Isaac cant find any Cal ride when using "download ibike data" (EDIT: the phrase between the quotes was corrected). Actually it happened to me.

OR is it the problem that first I downloaded the rides with automatic erase and this process deleted the cal ride, too?

What makes me confused is that I dont know whether .ibcd4m files are stored by Gen3 iAero additionally, or they exist just as cal rides in .ibr format?

Thanks in advance, Fernando.

And forgive me that I asked something about Gen3 in Newton thread, but actually my question is more about Isaac.

And certainly I posted my other two questions in their proper legacy place: http://www.ibikeforum.com/viewforum.php ... =d&start=0
Last edited by Zoltan on Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Gen 3 system does have ibcd4m files. Just click download coast downs and cal ride as opposed to downloading the info as a cal ride. Then you can use set CRR to whatever you want and the procedure will work.
Fernando
Zoltan

Post by Zoltan »

But it did not find anything. That raised my question.

Again what happened:

1. I made a ride today. I also made a proper cal ride w/o coast downs and Crr was set to fix in iBike before the cal ride. The profile is there it is downloadable by Isaac, I tried.

2. I downloaded all the rides including the cal ride of 2 miles, but I set the erase yes in Isaac.

3. Then I tried to download the ibcd4m with "download coastdowns and calibration ride...", but no way. Neither it was downloaded automatically, nor when I tried to use "download ibike data".

It is why i suspected that either coast downs are needed for Isaac or also ibcd4m files are deleted if I use the "erase when done" option in "download ride data".

So do you say that what I experience is some sort of malfunction?
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

You deleted everything so that's the root cause. Next time try the download calride and coastdowns prior to downloading as rides and deleting.
Fernando