Workin?

dgf

Workin?

Post by dgf »

Had my Newton about a week and no issues as far as I can tell. Data seems to make sense but it's my first foray with power data. Thought I'd post 20 min. Fit Test - see if data looks appropriate to those in the know or has any glaring glitches. Wicked head wind when I did it.

One question - in the Power screen, middle window, just below the watts is a number and a set of dashes...what the heck is it? Can't find any reference to it in the instructions. I did one of the pre-programmed workouts today and noted the set of dashes as well but didn't know what they meant or if they were trying to tell me to do something (work harder/work less...???)
Attachments
Fit Test June 26.ibr
(81.05 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
KenS

Re: Workin?

Post by KenS »

The dashes are a graph showing your instantaneous power. The number at the right shows the scale. If it shows, say, 400 then a full row of dashes is 400W and half a row is 200W
-- Ken
dgf

Post by dgf »

The dashes are a graph showing your instantaneous power. The number at the right shows the scale. If it shows, say, 400 then a full row of dashes is 400W and half a row is 200W
Thanks much! Is it just a graphical reference of the number of watts above it then? When I did the pre-programmed workout it seems to me the dashes were going the other direction (R to L) than when I am just out riding and they go L to R...was I halluncinating?? Bigger question - does it matter or have any significant use? I've been content just using the displayed current watts number when training.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

The advantage of the scale is that is an instantaneous answer. There's a ton of processing that goes on and the iBike like all power meters lags a bit in displaying the power numbers. However the moving graph is as its happening.

Of course staring at the scale will make you crash into something then you won't be able to ride with your Newton.
Fernando
KenS

Post by KenS »

The reading is instantaneous but my problem is that the necktop processor is slow to work out whats happening when the scale changes. Would be great to be able to fix the scale in one's profile or even better fix the lower and upper range
-- Ken