I think I found a bug as well (Total Odometer)

rstrom

I think I found a bug as well (Total Odometer)

Post by rstrom »

I went out and rode (according to the Newton) 101.51 miles today.

The mileage (total Odometer) that I recorded after my last ride on Thursday was 7007 (I had programmed my iAero odometer mileage into the Newton). After riding today's ride I went to record the odometer mileage after downloading and erasing the ride file from the Newton and started typing 7007 and then stopped (because it sounded familiar and wrong) and checked the previous mileage and found that it was the same.

This bug existed before (I found it sometime last year) and there was a huge thread on it. I believe that there was a software bug that had gotten fixed - it appears to be back. If not the same bug, something similar. The end result is the same - the odometer is incrementing while you ride and then getting set back to the previous total odometer mileage ... but it does not seem to happen all the time. This ride is the only time that I have seen it happen so far (riding with the Newton since Tuesday 6/12 (so 4 rides so far).

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: I think I found a bug as well (Total Odometer)

Post by Velocomp »

We will check it out.
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

It definitely happened again today after the download. I haven't downloaded enough times since I identified the issues existence but I know that I downloaded one ride and did check the box to erase the file. I don't know if that's the trigger or not ... just wanted to throw that out there.

Robert
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

We're looking at this now.
John Hamann
rstrom

Post by rstrom »

Excellent!!

Please let me know if you find it / fix it, or if you need more information.

Thanks,

Robert