New Forum Section for Newton Setup

racerfern

New Forum Section for Newton Setup

Post by racerfern »

Congratulations! Your Newton arrived at your doorstep. Now what? If you need help setting up your Newton this is the place to ask questions and get answers. There's official iBike support and there's the knowledge and experience of all our users. Our user base is very knowledgeable and friendly so you may get answers from them even before an "official" response gets posted.

The Newton will be very easy to setup but if you have a concern don't hesitate to voice it here.
Fernando
still-chasing

Re: New Forum Section for Newton Setup

Post by still-chasing »

I have a steer tube mount. Which of the following choices in the "mount" menu do I choose? It only list "handlebar", "stem", "rechargeable", "rws" Thanks.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

still-chasing wrote:I have a steer tube mount. Which of the following choices in the "mount" menu do I choose? It only list "handlebar", "stem", "rechargeable", "rws" Thanks.
Where are you seeing these choices?
Fernando
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

In the "Device"-"set up device"-"start up wizard"...
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

I see... I would choose stem mount IIWY.

I would have to ask Travis or John what "rechargeable" means as it relates to the mount location.
Fernando
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Thanks.
I was thinking, does it really matter? After Cal ride, the unit will make the necessary calculations anyway?
jslopez93

Post by jslopez93 »

Do I still need to do coast downs after cal ride?

The instructional video did not mention it so I just did a cal ride today.

There does not seem to be any way to download the calibrated profile from my newton to my computer (unless I have a few coast downs to go along with it so it can do a complete analysis)

Am I missing anything?
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Did you find the menu path: device:setup->download calibration and coast-down?

Some of the menu items and menus are arranged a little differently.

As far as coast downs -- the analysis seems to do a pretty good job without them - but I would expect small improvements to Cda and Friction as a result of having them.

As you continue rides, the check calibration is getting better and better at creating a stable and reproducible profile.

Tom
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Unless you have a very unique setup there is no need for coastdowns. The ability to download coastdowns and cal rides is there but you need to enable advanced menus to see the option. I don't recommend you do coastdowns.

The best option is the startup process followed by a calride. After that, download the calride as a regular ride and perform check calibration to confirm your results.
Fernando
jslopez93

Post by jslopez93 »

but how do I save that cal ride profile (just in case I need to re-import it later on)?
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

The processing of a cal ride leads to a new screen - at the bottom there is a button to save the cal ride and one right next to that to open a cal ride file.

Tom
KimG

Post by KimG »

Ok I've done the calibration ride and downloaded into the Isaac; now a few questions on the Analyze/Check Calibration...
  • What do you do when the calibration ride's analysis indicates a "Significant" change?
  • What happens when you Click the Accept Button?
  • How does the iBike Profile affect the iBile power readings.
  • Does the Calibration ride create a default iBike profile or do you have to do this analysis of the Calibration Ride and click Send Profile to iBike to create the iBike profile for the first time?
  • Do you have to click the Accept button before clicking the Send Profile to iBike button to get a valid profile?
Sorry for all the questions but there is no user's guide (yet) for the Isaac software.
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Kim,

I can answer some of your questions but you would be better off going to the Isaac software, click Help and find the setup topics. There are two brief pdfs that describe the procedure and this should answer most of your questions.

Note that these pdfs show pictures of a Gen3 iBike, but it's the same setup process for the Newton.
Fernando
KimG

Post by KimG »

Found the PDFs (they said iBike software, so I thought that they didn't apply to the Newton) I'll look them over and post any questions that I may have.

Thanks again