Route analysis before and after

Toscana

Route analysis before and after

Post by Toscana »

Can someone explain to me why when I do a route analysis and accept it the Power changes dramatically? Not sure what could cause this
Thank you
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Route analysis before and after

Post by Velocomp »

Please post a ride file and we will help you understand what is happening.
John Hamann
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

I wonder this myself. The "analyze route" after value is different from "Show Tilt plot" value. I'm confused which one to accept.
Attachments
Newton_09_04_2012_0933_18_Miles_Crenshaw.ibr
(220.4 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Most of your ride shows a tail wind. Though tail winds are typical on ascents (it's really tough to measure wind at low bike speeds) your fast downhill shows a tail wind too.

I suggest you do a new Cal Ride. This should help minimize the differences pre/post analysis.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 6.46.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-09-05 at 6.46.06 PM.png (170.4 KiB) Viewed 4320 times
John Hamann
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Thanks John. I will do another Cal ride as you suggest. Please take a look at this ride I did 2 days before the one I posted. The variance in power numbers after analyze route and tilt plot seem closer using the same profile. sorry, for the bother. Just don't know what to look at for errors.
Attachments
Newton_09_02_2012_0713_29_Miles_Los Coyotes Loop.ibr
(534.34 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
still-chasing

Post by still-chasing »

Hi John. Here's another ride I did today. New cal ride as suggested. I did tilt cal just in case and wind cal before the ride. During the ride, I have the "dynamic wind" on display. It's showing negative wind numbers most of the time even though I feel I'm riding on a head wind. Even on descent, it is showing negative wind when I think it should show plus wind due to pressure on descent. Is it possible that the wind sensor in my Newton is faulty? or, am I misunderstanding the graphs in Isaac. Also, the "analyze route" "after" value is different from "show tilt" "after" value. I notice this on most of my downloaded rides (analyze route after value is different from show tilt after value). Sorry, just wanted to know if I should have my Newton re-checked.
Attachments
Newton_09_11_2012_1718_17_Miles_Western-9th-PVE.ibr
(194.93 KiB) Downloaded 269 times