HELP - Newton+ Setup Issues

SpecialJohnnyG

HELP - Newton+ Setup Issues

Post by SpecialJohnnyG »

I came from an Aero that was dialed in perfectly. I traded that in and kinda wish I had it back now :-(

I tried one cal ride and got "bad cal", then got the second ride to take. The profile it created seems WAY off from the successful profile I was using for the same bike with the Aero. I'm gonna try to attach a recent ride file, which had some head wind in sections, even though it didn't seem to register. I think the wind sensors may be really messed up on the Newton+ but not sure. I tried to apply my old, good profile from the same bike to the new ride on the Newton+ after the fact; the power numbers got even screwier. It seems to not register efforts very accurately when going down hill right now. Seems to have problems measuring effort against wind too. Seems a little better when climbing steeply at lower speeds.

I hope I can get this thing dialed in because the Aero calibration was PERFECT (after a little trial and error) and I loved it. I guess I figured the newton would be just as good, if not better. Help me!

John
OldAeroProfile.ibp
(337 Bytes) Downloaded 219 times
ProfileExtractedFromNewton.ibp
(443 Bytes) Downloaded 223 times
iBike_08_28_2012_1754_17_Miles.ibr
(264.63 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: HELP - Newton+ Setup Issues

Post by Velocomp »

Your wind scaling factor is low.

Try the attached profile. This was created using the Analyze/Check Calibration feature of Isaac. The assumption in this profile is that your average wind speed in the 17 mile ride was zero, and that you finished the ride where you started it.

Once you load this profile into Isaac, export it into your Newton.

Also, you can use the Tools/Switch Profile after the Ride...to see the correct power display for your 17 mile ride.

In general, a Gen III profile won't give good results in your Newton.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 6.09.20 AM.png
Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 6.09.20 AM.png (309.39 KiB) Viewed 2688 times
SpecialJohnnyG.ibp
(577 Bytes) Downloaded 243 times
John Hamann
SpecialJohnnyG

Re: HELP - Newton+ Setup Issues

Post by SpecialJohnnyG »

Thank you for the reply. I will try it out.

Would coast downs help to further improve accuracy?