cadence not working

bdensel

cadence not working

Post by bdensel »

Cadence was working fine until the Newton began showing Calories on a recent ride. I checked to be sure CAD was set to on and used a magnet to wake up the cadence sensor (could hear the beeps) and did a scan. SPCD shows Found as does HRT. Pin shows Off. The wireless ID is showing in my profile in Issac, but the Cadence enabled button is not showing green. However, the speed sensor shows green and the Speed/Cadence button shows green. I'm assuming battery is fine as I can hear the sensor beeping. Any thoughts on how to get cadence back on? thanks.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: cadence not working

Post by Velocomp »

Make sure your cadence magnet passes by the center of the sensor, no more than a couple of coin widths apart.
John Hamann
bdensel

Post by bdensel »

no luck. getting audible click but Newton is still reading Calories
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

It sounds like your speed/cadence sensor is defective. If under warranty please contact Tom Gore at technicalsupport@velocomp.com
John Hamann
TriBike

Post by TriBike »

Sometimes it is necessary to "reset the sensor" if it is a combined Speed/Cadence sensor... do this by just reversing the battery in the sensor for about 10-15 seconds, then put it back in as intended. When you do this, the sensor code may change, so it will most likely be necessary to do another scan for the sensors. Be sure that the magnet is passing the thickest portion of that cadence sensor within 1/16" or less... almost touching is best.