iBike Power vs PIN display

datapolo

iBike Power vs PIN display

Post by datapolo »

Hi,
I am using a Newton+ and the Power In feature to log power and heart rate readings from a PowerCal. However, whilst the Newton records the data from both sources it displays the power from Power In only. Is there a way to switch between the Newton's power estimate and that of the Power In?

Thanks,
Mike
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Power vs PIN display

Post by Velocomp »

Yes, we've just created firmware that lets the user select which power source will be recorded. We will be releasing it in the next few days.

How about posting a file with a ride done with your PowerCal? It would be interesting to see...
John Hamann
datapolo

Post by datapolo »

Hi John,
thanks for the reply. Just a clarification - you mentioned selecting which power source to record - I assume you mean display as it already records both which is fine.

I have uploaded a file but it is from a CycleOps SuperMagnetoPro trainer rather than on the road. If I get a chance I will do a road ride tomorrow and upload that. The PowerCal data is all over the place but when you smooth it in power meter comparison it looks quite good. It will be interesting to see how it does on the road.

Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
iBike_09_29_2013_1822_18_km.ibr
(92.83 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
datapolo

Post by datapolo »

Hi John,
For reference here is a file of iBike vs PowerCal on a road ride. In the power comparison chart it looks pretty good as long as you use 2 minute smoothing! I will calibrate the PowerCal and see if it gives a closer power output and TSS.

Cheers,
Mike
Attachments
iBike_10_06_2013_1447_11_km.ibr
(162.39 KiB) Downloaded 430 times