Buying Ibike to buy wind data, gradient and temperature

Zoltan

Buying Ibike to buy wind data, gradient and temperature

Post by Zoltan »

Hi,

I have a Powertap hub with Joule 2.0, but I miss a couple of data which I'd like to be displayed in a real-time manner when riding. Namely wind speed, wind direction and temperature. Gradient is displayed by Joule but I am not pleased with the readings, I guess it can be confused by changing and or heavy wind conditions, so let me add an inclinometer to my wish list. As I know iBike displays all of these data (I am not fully sure with wind direction).

If my target is to acquire an iBike as cheap as I can, which product (Gen1, Gen2, Gen3? Sport, Pro or Aero?) is for me? I knolw that it should be a white one to minimize the error of temperature readings.

Let me emphasize that I would like to get the most reliable and accurate product as regards with these metrics, so price is not the priority no 1. But price is important if eg all the three generations have the same reliability and accuracy regarding these data.

Thanks,

Zoltan
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Buying Ibike to buy wind data, gradient and temperature

Post by Velocomp »

The iSport is the lowest cost alternative if all you want is on-the-bike wind and (accurate!) gradient information.

If you want to be able to download this information, then you'd need the iPro version.

Since you have a PT hub, you might want to consider the iAero, which would records your PT data right along with the iBike data.

All products ship in Gen III versions only.

If you already have ANT+ speed/cadence and HR sensors, make sure to use the coupon code BYOS40, which will entitle you to a $40 discount (your product will ship without sensors).
John Hamann