ibike Dash+Power questions

Aaron

ibike Dash+Power questions

Post by Aaron »

I currently have an iSport. I got an iphone about a year ago and am thinking of upgrading to an ibike dash+power. Couple of questions
1. Is the sensor in the dash + power the same as the new newton?
2. Do you need to do cal ride with the dash+power?
3. Is there a new dash+power in the pipe line?
4. Is it hard to see the screen in the direct light?
5. Does the spare battery have to be manually swapped?
6. Is there an upgrade program for the iSport to the dash+power?
7. Is the wind cal and tilt cal truly not necessary anymore?

thanks,
Aaron
jante350

Re: ibike Dash+Power questions

Post by jante350 »

2. Yes for better accuracy, you don't have to, but its recommended.
4. No its not
5. Yes it is, but its easy and can be done while riding, or at least I do :-)
7. Not sure, there is a zero wind function and a tilt calibration function, wich is very easy to perform.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

I like the way Aaron answered the questions. My additions:

1. Yes
3. We are always improving things, but the + Power improvements will be focused on the app
6. We haven't really put an iBike to + Power upgrade plan together. We will think about this.
7. I haven't done a Cal Wind in 2 years, but I live in south Florida, where conditions are fairly constant. We are attempting to "retire" the cal wind step, but we're still not sure this will end up.

The Tilt Cal is still required. Fortunately, this is a one-time deal.
John Hamann
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

jante350 wrote: 7. Not sure, there is a zero wind function and a tilt calibration function, wich is very easy to perform.
This is a good point.

We're into winter here now, sometimes, when I take my bike outside where there is a great change in temperature eg - 23C to 12C or less - I notice the wind speed recorded doesn't seem to reflect reality (unexpected negative numbers). Furthermore, if your iDevice just came out of being charged (nice and warm at room temp) and if you stick it into the booth at single digit figure temperature, this is also apparent. Had a few early morning rides at zero Celcius with the device being charged overnight.

If I remember to perform Zero Wind - it always appear to be more reasonable during the ride.

No big deal if you don't do it pre-ride, can always fix it in the iBike software.

The variations on the iDash+Power is much less though than the iBike Gen III units due to temperature variations but I suspect it is still there during big swings in temperature.

Does this sound right John?