iBike Dash Odometer with Multiple Bikes

Jfala

iBike Dash Odometer with Multiple Bikes

Post by Jfala »

Maybe I missed this somewhere so I wanted to see if someone could help me out. I have just added a new bike to my stable and set up my existing iBike Dash with new sensors and noticed that when I checked the odometer reading in the Advanced Options section of the iBike App it still displayed the mileage from my older bike set-up; and when I switch the profiles back and forth the odometer reading does not change. Shouldn't the odometer display the mileage for whichever bike set-up is selected? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks.

Jeff
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Dash Odometer with Multiple Bikes

Post by Velocomp »

We believe that cyclists will want to know their total mileage--from all their bikes--and not break it down into individual bikes. That is why the odometer does not change when a new bike is added.
John Hamann
Jfala

Post by Jfala »

John,

I had a feeling it was something like that. Thanks for the reply. It would also be nice to be able to have that separation of bike odometers for component "wear & tear" purposes.

Thanks again.

Jeff
prancingwombat

Post by prancingwombat »

I use Strava for logging total ride data. It's good at keeping track of each bike's mileage and you can life components too.

I find the TCX export from iBike works best.
Jfala

Post by Jfala »

Thank you.
jante350

Post by jante350 »

The odometer counter on my ibike dash+power is bugged, it shows only a quarter of the ridden distance... also the calender features doesnt add up to real numbers.
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

That can happen if at the end of the ride, you abruptly exited the App by pressing the Home button or if you pulled your iDevice out of the booth while the app is still running.
The correct way to log the ride properly is to hit "End Current Ride" before doing any of the above actions.
I used to have this problem in the past as well.