iBike Dash not working with Powertap hub

geekdoc

iBike Dash not working with Powertap hub

Post by geekdoc »

I am trying to use an iBike Dash Deluxe (not Power hardware but with power software) with a Powertap Elite+ (wireless ANT+) hub, which mated with Garmin unit in past.
The iBike finds the hub and performs a Zero torque on it but does not register power.
Initially I tried it with the combined ibike speed/cadence pickup and was advised that there might be a conflict since the hub also sends candence and speed signals, so the ibike sensor was removed and setup was repeated. This time I was able to detect cadence from the powertap hub but no speed or power was registered.
Battery in hub is new.

I have spoken with tech support at both companies and each points to the other as likely source or problem!

I was also told by iBike that no "key" is needed to access power signal, and by Cyclops that their speed/cadence/power signals are universal and should work with any ant+ compliant computer.

As last resort, I have given the wheel to friend with Powertap to test on his bike.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike Dash not working with Powertap hub

Post by Velocomp »

In your iBike app, go to Options/Configure User Screens. Select the screen where you would like your DFPM power number to appear (for example, the Home screen). Then, touch the field where you want your number to appear. For example, on the Home screen, where the wind speed is reported, perhaps that is where you would like to see the DFPM number. Touch Wind, and a new screen will appear. Touch the Arrow icon, then a list of parameters will appear. Select DFPM and you'll find that DFPM power will appear in the screen you have selected, replacing Wind.

Click the Back button a few times to return to the
John Hamann
geekdoc

Post by geekdoc »

I see the DFPM option on the text layouts, but only power listed on the gauge layouts. Is DFPM data not displayable in guage format? (I am away from my bike and looking at the iphone app).
Thanks
geekdoc

Post by geekdoc »

Thanks for your help so far. (Was any of this in a manual somewhere that I am missing?)

I configured a page to show DFPM data in text form and the powertap hub/ibike dash are now working together.

However, I have not yet figured out how to view the DFPM power in gauge format so that I can use it for general zones instead of numbers, which jump around too much.
Is this not possible with the ibike dash?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

With the current release of the app, DFPM data does not display in the gauge.
John Hamann
geekdoc

Post by geekdoc »

PLEASE consider making this a part of the next upgrade, as that is the chief reason I went for the iBike Dash over the Garmin - Having graphic display is much more useful than numeric for training in power zones using an outboard power meter. (I think this will broaden your sales as well)
Also, please consider options to smooth DFPM data onboard by adjustable intervals such as 1/5/10 sec averages, since the numbers will otherwise jump around considerably with the DFPM.

Now I have to decide whether this is the right unit for me before the 30 days is up.

Here's hoping...
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Your suggestion is a good one; we will work on adding a DFPM gauge display. It should be pretty easy to do...
John Hamann
geekdoc

Post by geekdoc »

DFPM Avg and Max (bottom right soft key function) would be great too, esp the Avg.
Avg DFPM Power would be a great option to have in the text fields as well . I would definitely have that on my Home Page.
Thanks for being responsive to suggestions, as I see you have in the past.