Dash CC questions

garagedude

Dash CC questions

Post by garagedude »

I got the update from I Tunes and it fixed the issue of phone calls not working but now when I stop riding the timer stops but I'm not able to get an "option" button unless I cancel
the program and restart it and then it will let me stop the ride. Also if I turn off the Location Services and not use the GPS feature will that save battery power or will it not matter?
Is there a trick I'm missing on the heart rate strap, sometimes the rate goes over 220 which I'm not even at 145? Is there a certain tension on the chest strap? Or maybe I'm wearing it wrong?
garagedude

Re: Dash CC questions

Post by garagedude »

Anyone ??
racerfern

Post by racerfern »

As far as the HR strap, make sure it's moist when attaching it. Also, the most common reason for excessively high numbers is having a jersey flapping against the strap. It happens with Polar, Garmin, etc. I actually started wearing a Under Armour compression shirt to prevent this and ended up wearing one all the time since it keeps you from dripping like crazy.
Fernando
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

garagedude wrote: Is there a trick I'm missing on the heart rate strap, sometimes the rate goes over 220 which I'm not even at 145? Is there a certain tension on the chest strap? Or maybe I'm wearing it wrong?
This happens quite often with ANT+ system straps under certain conditions, have a look at this thread.
garagedude

Post by garagedude »

Thanks, I'll try your ideas. I did notice yesterday when I rode that making the strap a little tighter helped some too.
lorduintah

Post by lorduintah »

Electrode gel will help, too.

Don't get sonogram gel - you want electrode gel. It can easily be found on Amazon. A small tube will last a long time. You may even be able to get it at some drug stores.

Tom