Battery Problem

dnhooger

Battery Problem

Post by dnhooger »

Has any one ran into this problem? I was low on battery so I put a fully charged battery in the ibike Dash. when my battery on my phone ran out the phone just died . ?? i took the battery out and put it back in the charger and it show green - fully charged?
rcmaps

Re: Battery Problem

Post by rcmaps »

Did you hear a sound when you shut the phone booth door after inserting the battery?
Sometimes, the iDash battery loses contact with the phone booth and hence the iphone can't get charged.
Check the contacts if necessary.
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

it did the first time but not the second battery i put in. i'll check the contacts . Thanks
dnhooger

Post by dnhooger »

I read the post on how to maximize your battery. It explains it as that may be my problem. Some times I don't have my phone fully charged and then the battery charges the phone up about 3 or 4 % before it dies. I'll try to plug in a new battery a soon as the old one runs out. It was ify this morning as my phone battery lasted for about 3 hrs and with two spare batteries I still came back with 6% battery left!
Brandy

Post by Brandy »

I had the same problem with my Dash. I started my ride with a fully charged iPhone and put in a freshly charged battery. After only 1.5 hours, my iPhone was dead. When I got home, I placed that battery in the charger and it showed a green light.

The spring contacts in the Dash did not align with the contacts on the battery. To fix the problem, take off your Dash from your bike. Open the door the houses the battery. Take out the battery and use a Phillips head screwdriver to unscrew two screws. Slide out that plastic plate that was being held by the screws. Now you should see how the springs make contact with the battery. With the tip of the screwdriver, you can adjust the springs up/down (whatever) so that they make better contact with the battery. It took some playing around but managed to get mine aligned. Then insert the plastic plate and screw in the two screws.

IMO, this is a slight design flaw... maybe the springs are too large or the battery contacts too small... I don't know. It can be frustrating when you are in the middle of long ride and your Dash fails to make contact with your fully charged battery.