Newbie question- Which App do I need?

carlmuck

Newbie question- Which App do I need?

Post by carlmuck »

I've just ordered the iBike Dash CC and see in the iTunes App Store that there are 2 Velocomp apps. Both updated this month. There's "iBike" v. 1.0.7 and there's "IBIKE COACH FOR IBIKE DASH CC" v 1.0.

I can't readily see the differences, is there a synopsis of the differences? Is one geared more to specific training regimens than the other?

If this is described in the materials with the iBike, let me know and I'll wait for it to appear.

carl.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: Newbie question- Which App do I need?

Post by Velocomp »

Either app works with your new iDash CC. You can install both of them on your iPhone/iPod touch at the same time.

The iBike Coach app is designed to be simple, very easy to use, and fun. It looks great and has some nice features, among which are estimated calories, iPod control, and updated videos for installation and usage.

The iBike app is our "original" version. It has many more features than the iBike Coach app (user configurable screens, Always On data recording, ride file emails to the iBike software, training workouts, and lots more). It is a bit more "techie" than the Coach.

I would recommend is that you install both apps. Check out both of them and see which "feels" best for your style of cycling and fitness objectives.
John Hamann
carlmuck

Re: Newbie question- Which App do I need?

Post by carlmuck »

Thanks, I'll give them both a shot.