iBike Dash Conversion Kit

veloman

iBike Dash Conversion Kit

Post by veloman »

So what exactly is in the iBike Dash Conversion Kit? Just curious what I get for $28.00.

-craig
veloman

Re: iBike Dash Conversion Kit

Post by veloman »

This must be an incredibly stupid and painfully obvious question as no one has answered it. However I didn't think it was a hard question to answer. My iPhone 4 is really hard to get out of the Dash, so I'm not sure I have the right inserts and I don't have the others. So I was just trying to find out what is included in the kit to see if it would help.

-craig
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Well, it's a smart enough question so that I don't know the answer... :D

Please point me to the link so I can be helpful.
John Hamann
veloman

Post by veloman »

racerfern

Post by racerfern »

Oh! Since different versions of iPods and iPhones vary in thickness, if you move from an iPhone 3 to a 4 or an early iPod to a newer one, you can order this kit to assure your new iPhone/iTouch fits your iDash.
Fernando
veloman

Post by veloman »

Granted, but it still begs the question - what exactly is in the kit? Is it $28 for foam strips?

-craig
rcmaps

Post by rcmaps »

If you have changed your iDevice and the case no longer fits - you can DIY. Just get some closed cell foam and trim and custom cut to fit your device. When I got my iDash, it came fitted for an iphone 3G even though I mentioned in my order that I had an ipod Touch 3G, it was way too loose and the ipod touch rattled in the case and the touch screen wouldn't work as the plastic backing (black plastic) was positioned too far away from the screen as the iphones were way thicker than ipod touches. Since then I had an ipod touch 4G which I again had to custom fit.
Just make sure they fit relatively snugly but not too tight as I found that loose fitting units gives highly variable power readings!