First Ride - Couple of questions

DaveH

First Ride - Couple of questions

Post by DaveH »

Had my first ride yesterday in a number of ways. I'm just coming back to road cycling so this was my first road ride in 10+ years and my first ride with the iBike Dash and my new bike! :D

As a computer/algorithm engineer myself I LOVE this! I haven't gotten my heart rate or cadence sensors yet and I just have the standard Dash CC, I did not get the power as I didn't think I needed that at this point in the game. Maybe I am wrong, but after buying a new bike, shoes and everything else I needed to go the lesser route for now :?

Here are the few things I noticed on my first ride that I have comments/questions on. I am running App software: 1.0.5

1) Calories did not display and it just shows a 0 for calories burned on the calendar screen

2) Any chance calories can get dumped to the CSV files with the rest of the data?

3) Elevation did not show correct on the screen while riding. I think it was just reading 240 all the time BUT it looks bout right in the log file, so it did grab it from the GPS it just didn't show me on screen (and I do have it slected as elevation per GPS)

4) Does the temp sensor just take a while to get acclimated since it's encloses? I think it took my whole 30 minute ride to come close to what the real ambient was

5) Is it possible for those of us with the standard Dash to use elevation from the GPS for the total elevation gained in the calendar stats?

6) What is hill slope in the CSV file?

Thanks. If you ever need a beta tester for future updates let me know I'm used to running non released software.
Attachments
iDash_2011_05_02_1742_6_mi.csv
(108.91 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Last edited by DaveH on Wed May 04, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaveH

Re: First Ride - Couple of questions

Post by DaveH »

#3 is a scaling issue. It appears elevation is showing in meters on screen but logging in feet in the background. Though i'd prefer to see it in feet because in meters it's showing 4 decimal places but they are ALWAYS zeros.