3 questions

jasonod

3 questions

Post by jasonod »

1. Before today's ride, I had to load the iBike app three times before it would start. The first two times, I got the loading screen for about 10- 15 seconds, then nothing and it would just quit. Why did this happen?

2. How does the spare battery work? I started the ride with a full iPhone and a full spare battery charge; starting temp was about 30deg. About 1:15 into my 2-hour ride, I get the iPhone "20% low battery" indicator; I rode like this for a while until I pulled my thumb out of my glove to dismiss this message so that I could see the entire screen, and fortunately finished the group ride before the iPhone powered off. At what point does the iDash start to pull from the spare battery? Even in 30- 35deg temps, I would think I'd get a longer than 75min charge btw the iPhone and spare iDash battery, yes ... or no?

3. For today's ride, I used the separate speed and cadence sensors. After the ride, I installed the combo speed+cadence sensor. I went into the set-up screen and just clicked "next" through all the settings until the sensor screen, and the iDash picked up the new signals. I don't have to do anything else? Just in case, I did another tilt calc, but I don't have to do the 2-mile ride calc, correct?

TIA,

Jason
rcmaps

Re: 3 questions

Post by rcmaps »

jasonod wrote:1. Before today's ride, I had to load the iBike app three times before it would start. The first two times, I got the loading screen for about 10- 15 seconds, then nothing and it would just quit. Why did this happen?
Can't tell you why this happens - happened to me quite often too.

Sometimes, it won't pick up either speed or cadence sensor or heart rate sensor, sometimes it won't pick up 2 out of 3. I pulled out the ipod T from the booth and reinsert it, sometimes it fixes it but usually won't.

Only sure way of fixing this is to turn off your iphone and restart/reboot the entire unit. I suspect it has something to do with low memory (ie RAM). Restarting the unit clears out the backgrounded apps and starts the ibike app with more memory available.