iBike app is available!

Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

iBike app is available!

Post by Velocomp »

At long last the iBike app is available at the iTunes Store.

This is our "Release 1.0" version (actually, release 1.0.2).

Even though we are very pleased with this app, we already have LOTS of things we plan to add.

Even without an iBike Dash you'll be able to download the app and try it in the demo mode. Check out all the cool, new features of the iBike Dash!

We'll also now begin to empty the large backlog of orders we have...

Thanks for your patience and support!
John Hamann
oaktreevi

Re: iBike app is available!

Post by oaktreevi »

Should we go ahead and delete the Beta version and Download this one?

Thanks
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Just install the new app from the App Store. It will overwrite your old app. Nothing has to be de-installed.
John Hamann
Steve_Davidson

Post by Steve_Davidson »

Velocomp wrote:At long last the iBike app is available at the iTunes Store.

This is our "Release 1.0" version (actually, release 1.0.2).

Even though we are very pleased with this app, we already have LOTS of things we plan to add.

Even without an iBike Dash you'll be able to download the app and try it in the demo mode. Check out all the cool, new features of the iBike Dash!

We'll also now begin to empty the large backlog of orders we have...

Thanks for your patience and support!
Looks cool - lots of features and easy to use 8-)
DennyS

Post by DennyS »

Every time I enter the "Configure User Screens", the app exits. Just started using the Dash, but not sure if the option to configure screens is available, or if there is a way to submit the diagnostics or log. Using iPhone 3GS.
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Re: iBike app stops

Post by Velocomp »

If your app exits whenever the "configure user screen" selection is made the fix is simple:

1) delete the app from your iPhone (if you don't know how to do this then email jhamann@velocomp.com

2) Delete the app from your iTunes

3) install a fresh copy of the iBike app from iTunes

This will fix the problem.
John Hamann
DennyS

Post by DennyS »

Thanks. It did fix the problem.
DennyS

Post by DennyS »

I think following questions/comments may be possible iBike app bugs:

- Zeroing the wind will end the ride Actually, you don't even have to hit the Zero button, just entering this screen will end the ride.

- Setting reference height will end the ride, after the button "Set Reference Elevation" is pushed.

- Elevation in metric system is not correct. The number look like 3 times magnified during the ride (possibly displayed in ft). The accumulated climbing is also 3 times larger than it should be. When the file is opened in the iBike software (set to metric display) on the PC, the climbing number look correct.

- When going out of iBike app during a ride (to change a song in iPod, for example) and back to the app, the IF, TSS, and Normalized Power are reset to 0. All other data continues to be updated from where it left off (distance, time, etc.)

- After replacing HR strap battery, iBike App could not find HR sensor during the ride. Speed and Cadence sensors were found quickly, but the indicator for finding the HR sensor would rotate for a very long time (not sure what is the timeout). When I tried finding sensors before starting the ride, it succeeded. The ID was changed, of course. Why would a change in ID create a problem during the sensor find during the ride and work before the ride start?

Thanks,
Denny
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Good points; all of them will be addressed in an app update.
John Hamann
Norm

Post by Norm »

I've had all of 2 rides with the Dash, so I'm pretty green when it comes to the iBike app. Can someone lend me a hand here? Below are the questions I've had thus far:

1) Is a summary sheet available that describes all the fields available to user screens? For example, what's a Match mean in the iBike app? How is Climbing defined?
2) Is there a way to edit the Interval screen?
3) Can we have more than one Map screen? I can't seem to make one stay in the Map Screen section of the Configure User Screens page.
4) Is there a way to create custom interval workouts?
5) What should Fitness Test Avg Heart Rate be set to in absence of a iBike app fitness test? I know my FTP and HRmax, but I don't what HRavg should be nor how it's used in the iBike app.
6) How are zones defined in the iBike app? Is there a way to set them? Which colors correspond to which zones?
7) Is there a way to move bike setups from the iPhone to a Mac or PC for backup or editing? (I had the "configure user screens" crash and had to delete and reinstall the iBike app. In the process I lost my bike setup and had to start over. Will a future iBike app use the file sharing area in iTunes to move files between an iDevice and its host computer?)
8) What does the blue line and the green pie wedge mean on gauges?

I suppose that's enough for now -- it looks like my ADD is kicking in.
Norm

Post by Norm »

For example, in the screen shot below (taken off the iTunes store) there are several power-related things going on:
1) 329 on the power gauge
2) a blue line on the power gauge. Is this normalized power over some period of time?
3) a green wedge on the power gauge. Is this power range over some period of time?
4) the power gauge maxes out at 600 watts. Is this value static, configurable, or does it change according to some context?
4) 314 in the power text box. How do 314 in the text box and 329 on the power gauge relate?
5) the background color for the power box is tan. Does this indicate a power zone?

No manuals and an intuitive user experience is a good thing, but in this case it seems that I need a cheat sheet so I can interpret the various numbers correctly. Maybe some of these values will become obvious after I've used the Dash for a while; at this moment they just have me scratching my head.
Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 3.12.12 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 3.12.12 PM.png (105.7 KiB) Viewed 8692 times
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Post by Velocomp »

Norm wrote:For example, in the screen shot below (taken off the iTunes store) there are several power-related things going on:
1) 329 on the power gauge
2) a blue line on the power gauge. Is this normalized power over some period of time?
3) a green wedge on the power gauge. Is this power range over some period of time?
4) the power gauge maxes out at 600 watts. Is this value static, configurable, or does it change according to some context?
4) 314 in the power text box. How do 314 in the text box and 329 on the power gauge relate?
5) the background color for the power box is tan. Does this indicate a power zone?

No manuals and an intuitive user experience is a good thing, but in this case it seems that I need a cheat sheet so I can interpret the various numbers correctly. Maybe some of these values will become obvious after I've used the Dash for a while; at this moment they just have me scratching my head.
Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 3.12.12 PM.png
Fair enough. We are so busy inventing new things that sometimes we don't take enough time to document the things we've already created!

314W is the wattage power currently being output by the rider. The red needle is also at 314W

Blue line is the 15 second rolling average of the rider's power; in this case, about 329W. The number is also shown below the needle.

The center of the green wedge shows the rider's FTP (either from fitness test or manual entry). The rider's FTP is about 325W. So, for the last 15 seconds the rider has been a bit above 100% FTP, and at this instant his pedaling is about 90% FTP.

Right now, the gauge is static at 600W

Yes, the color around the wattage number shows zone. The more yellow/red it is, the higher the zone.
John Hamann
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks John, that helps a lot. I'm sure I'll figure out more as I experiment a bit.

Inferring from your description, it looks like the green wedge is something like 95% to 105% of FTP.